Uncover a Golden Opportunity at the Superpit!
A professional opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Environmental Advisor at Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines Pty Ltd (KCGM).
Reporting to the Environmental Superintendent, this senior position will be responsible for coordinating the environmental legal compliances, monitoring, approvals and permitting, reporting and ongoing development of environmental programs.
The role itself is a dynamic position, however, also considering the location alongside the city poses some challenging and interesting factors for the successful incumbent for consideration.
The Residential position is based on a 5/2:4/3 roster, working 9.5 hour days, offering the opportunity to work within an efficient team at KCGM.
About KCGM - Locally Owned and Operated
Proudly Western Australian owned, KCGM has been successfully operating the iconic Super Pit and Mt Charlotte underground mine for over 30 years. Our enviable success and global profile in the world’s richest square mile is surpassed only by our exciting future, with a number of significant growth opportunities in our open pit, underground and processing operations.
About Kalgoorlie - The Heart of the Goldfields
Discover what the Goldfields has to offer you by going BOLD!
The City of Kalgoorlie Boulder has first-class information regarding the region on their Go Bold website - GO BOLD
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, skills and experience:-
- A degree in Environmental Engineering, Science or equivalent.
- A minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in an Environment Officer / Advisor role.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of the business.
- Advanced MS-Office and Database skills.
- Previous experience with Western Australian mining project approvals, land tenure and Part IV and V Environmental Protection Act processes.
- Presentation skills with experience in training and communication sessions.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in environmental approvals and legal reporting.
- Compliance auditing and reporting.
- Self-motivated and with good time management skills.
- A high level of planning and analytical skills.
- Must reside in the Goldfields region, or be willing to be relocated to Kalgoorlie.
- Current Unencumbered Western Australian “C” Class Drivers Licence.
- GIS Skills (advanced).
- Project Management Training.
Why work for us?
With a strong connection to the Kalgoorlie-Boulder community, KCGM offers you unparalleled opportunities to forge a career in the resource industry whilst enjoying the relative ease of living in a thriving regional city. Your dynamic, actioned-oriented days at KCGM will be immediately replaced by the comforts of home, friends and family just minutes from work, with all the facilities you would expect in larger metropolitan centres.
KCGM encourages a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential. We offer competitive salary packages. Joining the KCGM team also means you are eligible for our industry leading Parental Leave entitlements, and Reward and Recognition programs.
*Please note, unsolicited applications from recruiters are not eligible.