Senior Educator – Goodstart Albany Creek – Dawn Road
Goodstart is Australia’s largest early learning provider. As a not–for–profit social enterprise, we exist purely to improve the lives of Australia’s children and their families. Our people are our foundation, together we are working to ensure children have the learning, development and wellbeing outcomes they need for school and life.
We’re looking for an inspiring and enthusiastic Senior Educator to join a highly motivated team, providing fun and educational programs to children in our care.
As a passionate childcare professional you will be committed to providing the highest quality of care and will be rewarded with the opportunity to build your career within a supportive and rewarding environment.
- Our Albany Creek childcare centre is located in a residential area close to shops, schools and community facilities as well as main roads and public transport
- We offer a welcoming, fun and very supportive environment with lots of long-term staff
- We are a 75 place centre open from 6.00am until 6.00pm
- We have a veggie garden from which all the children help to dig and we use all the produce in the centre helping the children to understand the food cycle
- We are also big on sustainability and encourage the children to collect food scraps for our compost and worm farm
- Community is very important to us and through visits to the centre and participation in events and activities throughout the year we are able to enrich the learning experience
- Diploma level early childhood qualification (ACECQA approved) or working towards
- Hold a current First Aid qualification
- We have two full-time positions, 38 hours per week, available
* A permanent role as the Lead Educator for our Kindergarten Room supporting our ECT
* A 12 month parental leave cover position as Lead Educator for our Senior Toddlers (2-3 year olds)
- Plan and implement innovative and high-quality educational programs for each individual child
- Lead, mentor and support a team of passionate educators within your room
- Actively contribute to delivering the Centre and business plans
- Ensure learning and development is aligned with the Early Years Learning Framework and the National Quality Standards
- Build and maintain strong, positive relationships with families, children and the centre team
- Support a culture of reflective practice and continuous improvement
- Competitive above award wages
- Supportive and friendly team
- Ability to cash in annual leave
- Option to purchase additional annual leave
- Comprehensive induction and training programme
- Discounted childcare fees
- Professional development opportunities
- Career pathways
- Uniform allowance
Supporting our people and protecting our children
We are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We support and encourage individual growth and strong teams that are made up of many different cultures and backgrounds.
We are deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel connected and a strong sense of belonging. By weaving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives through all that we do, we aim to build knowledge and a deeper understanding of our First Nations People and culture for all in our team.
To apply for the role please ‘Apply Now’