Smart, Innovative and Empowering, our trading firm client utilises technology to trade and market-make on multiple global exchanges. They don't have clients, they don't wear suits, they are the most advanced and best-rewarded technologists in Australia.
Development is split into core areas/product streams / functional groups were developers normally stay for 18m - 4 years before moving internally into a new challenging area. The structure is very flat as everybody is a hands-on technical do-er looking to deliver regular improvements to a speed-sensitive trading system.
This is a C++ on Linux shop so they are looking for talented developers who are keen to make elegant code utilising OOP best practice to maximise scalability, useability and effectiveness. You will be empowered to work in an extremely collaborative environment where ideas are shared, nourished and enhanced. You will quickly be given responsibility and authority to drive changes with no red tape to slow you down.
- Extensive Development Experience C++ (Modern min 14)
- Extensive Low Latency Development Experience (Micro/NanoSecond)
- Strong Network Protocol understanding
- Lean Development approach create swift, scalable solutions
- Intimate understanding of OO Principles / Design patterns
- Passion for Technology and Engineering Best Practice
- Interest in applying your skills to Trading Problems
- Previous Trading Experience (Desirable – NOT Mandatory
This role would be suited for people coming from a programming, software engineer, developer, analyst programmer, quant developer, algo-trading developer, kernel developer background.