Working alongside a diverse team in multiple offices around the globe responsible for identifying, triaging, and managing threats and exposures in the cyber environment, you’ll act to ensure that Macquarie’s digital estate is protected from a variety of threats, both known and unknown.
As a seasoned security technologist, you will partner with other CTIR functions and team members to provide world-class monitoring and analysis using an in-depth suite of technology, and a diverse set of operational, security, and intelligence telemetry data.
As a Senior Cyber Security Analyst in the team, your main duties will include:
- leverage expertise, technology and data to analyse events and surface nefarious activity
- experience with multiple log aggregation and analysis to support a potential or active incident preferred
- manage participation from the broader CTIR function on security monitoring and analysis requirements
- identify and escalate gaps in visibility, intelligence and technology that could improve the efficiency or efficacy of the service
- develop and promote standardisation in the process and technology framework to maximize service efficiency
- correlate logs from networks, platforms, security tools, and application-specific technologies to determine scope and risk level of threats
- live and traditional forensic acquisition of memory and filesystem contents
- forensic analysis including data carving, process and network traffic enumeration, registry artifacts, timeline production, etc.
- static and dynamic malware analysis across a variety of languages and computing platforms.
To be successful in this role you will have the following experience:
- bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field of study
- ability to support a flexible work schedule with limited notice
- ability to work as part of a global team across multiple countries, cultures and time-zones
- adaptable character, capable of dealing effectively with colleagues and business users working in a constantly evolving, complex environment
- seasoned critical thinking, organisational and time management skills
- strong written and verbal communication skills, with the proven ability to engage effectively at all levels of an organisation
- ability to remain focused and calm, while maximising output in high-stress situations
- minimum of 5 years of operational experience in large enterprise environments
- operational experience across Windows, UNIX, Networking and Hosting domains
- experience and strong understanding of security technology and defence topologies
- holistic understanding of adversary tactics, attack vectors, current threats and remediation strategies
- possession of industry acknowledged Security certifications are preferred.
To join this dynamic and highly innovative team, apply now or contact [email protected] for more information.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at http://www.macquarie.com/careers
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available. Our Technology Returner program is an opportunity for you to re-integrate yourself into the workforce following an extended professional career break. Find out more and apply at https://www.macquarie.com/au/about/careers/jobs/returner-program.