Senior Credit Risk Manager, Regulatory & Governance
How will I help?
As Senior Credit Risk Manager, you represent Credit Risk as a Subject Matter Expert and being a conduit back to the business to enable decision making representing the business.
Develop risk management frameworks, policies and procedures that simultaneously provide appropriate support to approved business strategy and risk appetite, set out sound risk management practices and reflect relevant regulatory requirements
To provide high quality Credit Policy advice in specific areas of expertise to the APS 221 program team
Ensure compliance of policies and processes with credit risk management frameworks, approved business strategy and risk appetite and reflect regulatory requirements
Ensure an appropriate balance is maintained between commercial considerations, risk and portfolio management objectives and regulatory requirements, whilst striving for continuous improvement and a high level of customer service.
What’s in it for me?
You will build your profile internally with stakeholders and be part of the future of a business that has been around for 200 years..
You’ll be working for an organisation that supports development, internal career moves and flexible working. Along with competitive salary, you’ll receive Westpac’s benefits and a whole array of customer discounts. Being an integral part of the Risk Delivery, you will constantly be challenging the status quo and deliver high quality customer outcomes.
What do I need?
The knowledge & expertise required in your new role:
- Able to work across teams and in partnership with the business
- Communication (strong verbal & written skills)
- Influencing & persuasiveness
Problem solving: challenges the status quo, identifies solutions and resolve issues
- Research, analysis and decision making
- Able to sustain momentum in challenging situations
Displays appropriate management behaviours and values - leads by example and is accessible to staff and colleagues.
- Regulatory Knowledge (mandatory)
- 10 years’ experience in banking / financial services industry.
- Proven track record in driving business outcomes and excellence
- Understanding of Lean/Agile methodologies for process improvement
- Capacity for numerical and analytical thinking and functioning
- Knowledge of accounting principles and budgets
Knowledge of the legal, compliance and regulatory framework of business lending
- Proven ability in delivering strategic and operational plans
Proven skills in organising, project management, effective problem solving and decision making
Tertiary qualifications in business, finance, accounting and commerce or related discipline
What is it like to work there?
At the Westpac Group, we have a vision to be one of the world’s great service companies – this means helping our people, customers and communities to prosper and grow. We aim to be leaders in diversity, flexibility and as an equal opportunity employer.
How do I Apply?
Start here. Just click on the APPLY button.