Senior Contracts Administrator
Broadspectrum is an operations, maintenance and construction services organisation, operating globally in the resources, energy, industrial, infrastructure, rail, property and defence sectors. This is a diverse and growing business offering the training, opportunities and support you need to begin and build a successful career.
The successful candidate will manage contractual relationships with our client and subcontractors, and provide ongoing commercial support for operational aspects of this major infrastructure project. Reporting to the Project Manager, your previous experience in infrastructure, construction or a related industry, in a Senior Contracts administration role, will equip you with the expertise required to excel within this role.
You will also continuously look for opportunities to improve existing processes. Your knowledge of contract requirements will ensure the integrity of subcontractor claims and adherence to all head contract requirements.
Your well-honed communication and interpersonal skills will allow you to maintain excellent working relationships with contractors and suppliers, as well as client representatives and internal colleagues.
- Deliver commercial support and governance across the entire project lifecycle, from procurement through to completion including best practice contract management and administration and compliance with internal and client processes.
- Monitor financial performance and prepare project performance reports
- Evaluate contract improvement opportunities and make recommendations to reduce costs, increase productivity, and increase EBITDA
- Collaborate with the team to ensure commercial processes and operations are as effective, efficient and transparent as possible
- Manage extension of time, variation and latent condition claims
- Develop and monitor the project risk management register
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures in relation to legal, financial and administration matters.
- Oversee the assessment of subcontract claims for compliance with obligations under Security of Payments legislation
- Possess degree/qualification in quantity surveying, commerce, accounting (or equivalent), along with 7-10+ years’ demonstrated relevant experience within infrastructure, construction or related industry which would allow extensive knowledge of and exposure to key contractual and commercial management concepts and principles
- Negotiation skills are essential
- Demonstrable track record of success in commercial management in a complex business environment is essential
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion is a key component of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business.
Position Reference Number: 105329