Senior Consultant, Risk Management
Senior Consultant – Risk Management Consulting
- Utilise your risk management consulting skills in a global professional services firm
- Will open up a broad variety of future career opportunities
- Work collaboratively with a diverse group of leaders & teams throughout Aon
Aon’s Global Risk Consulting practice (AGRC) is currently seeking a (Senior) Consultant for their Risk Management Consulting practice in Sydney or Melbourne. This will be seated within other highly-successful AGRC teams and work collaboratively with multiple divisions throughout Aon.
There will be two elements to this position: the first being to deliver insurable risk management services through a mixture of qualitative and quantitative risk assessments; and the other will be the design/ review of risk management frameworks, including project managing the implementation and communication through presentations and facilitating workshops.
Working alongside senior colleagues, this work will involve regular Board and Executive Management interaction to clarify expectations, determine the ‘current state’ and formulate a roadmap. Corporate level risk reviews often feature in the workflow or are conducted as a ‘stand-alone’ service.
You can expect to work on:
- Performing Insurable Risk related services, ensuring we observe best practice
- Providing clients with practical recommendations that will progress them to their target state
- Identify potential Risk Management and other consultancy opportunities through building relationships with internal stakeholders and clients
- Supporting the AGRS BDMs and Sales team to developing new business proposals in line with agreed pricing strategies, nurture relationships and convert new business opportunities
We are looking for a motivated individual who is interested in taking their risk and insurance knowledge down the consulting path. If you do not have consulting experience, you will need to adapt to the demands of working within fee-for-service environment, possess strong commercial acumen and show evidence of an ability to develop and influence relationships.
We will be looking for:
- A technical understanding of areas such as risk management frameworks, corporate governance, risk culture and risk maturity
- Excellent analytical, numerical and reporting writing skills
- Strong communication and presentation capabilities
- Strong project management experience with the requisite time management and organisational skills
This is a key position within the Aon Global Risk Consulting business and we require someone with passion, ambition and an adaptable nature to ensure we provide our clients with an exceptional experience.
Aon Culture & Benefits
At Aon, we provide colleagues with the support to make a positive impact together with ongoing opportunities for development, including the support of a team which will continually inspire you to achieve the best.
With close to 1600 employees, we are the largest organisation of our kind in Australia. Globally, we have an employee base of 50,000 people working across 120 countries. This allows us to gather the best thinking from around the world and deliver solutions locally. We provide colleagues with the support to make an impact, a team that will inspire you to achieve, and on-going opportunities for development.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer and we invite you to be part of an organisation that has a diverse workplace, values continuous learning and supports many charities and environmental initiatives.