Senior Consultant – Rail Strategy & Operations
Australia - Victoria, Melbourne
Put your innovative thinking, technical excellence and business skills into high gear. When you join a company that’s building a better world, your opportunities are unlimited. At AECOM, we design, build, finance, operate and manage projects and programs that unlock opportunities, protect our environment and improve people’s lives. Every day our team is exploring new possibilities for a better world. Cleaner transportation. Healthier environments. Resilient cities. reener infrastructure.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Consultant role to join our team who provide excellent service to our clients in the strategic planning of Australia’s rail networks, and major landmark rail projects shaping Australia’s cities. AECOM’s Rail Strategy and Operations advisory team is one of the most experienced teams in Australia, with extensive experience working with clients and rail stakeholders across the project and program lifecycle, including strategic network and capacity planning, project feasibility and business case, and design phases.
The team has played a significant role in the planning of the major Australian railway networks, with clients including State and Commonwealth government transport departments and public and private sector rail operating agencies and companies.
- Ideally you will have 5 – 10 yrs. experience, either public and/or private sector, in rail planning and operations analysis.
- Detailed understanding of key aspects influencing operations & capacity, including signalling systems, rollingstock, stations & network infrastructure.
- Experience in transport planning, transport infrastructure planning and design specification for rail network development.
- Highly proficient in the use and application of RailSys and /or other simulation and analysis tools, for operational and infrastructure assessment, at strategic network through to project level.
- Experience with use of other rail simulation and data analysis tools, and developing procedures for efficient data processing and modelling.
- Demonstrated ability to co-operate and collaborate with others, and work with other technical disciplines.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to proactively manage risks, issues and conflicting priorities to successfully deliver projects.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.