Senior Consultant Engineer - Rotating Equipment & Reliability
Wood has an immediate requirement for a Senior Consultant Engineer to join the Rotating Equipment Reliability area of the wider Vibration Dynamics and Noise (VDN) team. The role is based in the Perth CBD, Western Australia and offered on a full-time basis.
With more than 230 engineering specialists the VDN team work closely to help customers meet their reliability, integrity and operational performance goals. The team specialises in providing engineering solutions and services that improve machine reliability and assist Oil & Gas, Mining and Utilities clients to achieve peak production and maximise machinery life cycles.
At this time, we will only consider applications from Australian citizens or those with the required permit / VISA for this region in place.
Responsibilities of the role will include
- Provide support, mentoring and technical reviews for colleagues in predictive and preventive maintenance practices
- Help solve challenging critical machinery problems using condition based data. Be the ‘go to’ person for our client’s tough technical problems
- Perform advanced analysis of steady state and dynamic turbomachinery data, using online machinery condition monitoring systems including Bently Nevada System 1, ADRE or similar
- Perform detailed analysis of balance of plant data using a range of portable systems
- Assist in maintaining and developing client relationships, including developing new business opportunities
- Assist with investigations, providing technical input for equipment failures and troubleshooting projects, alignments, balancing, ODS (Operational Deflection Shape) and RCA (Root Cause Analysis)
- Manage, implement and improve vibration, lubrication and thermography based predictive maintenance programs including on-site data collection, analysis and determination of recommendations for rotating equipment
- Execute maintenance strategies and programs for clients whilst seeking opportunities to improve them utilising the latest in data analytics techniques
- Identify opportunities to improve client plant reliability, availability and/or performance, collaborating with clients to turn to their advantage
- Assist with RCM (Reliability Centred Maintenance) and FMECA (Failure Mode, Effects, and Criticality Analysis)
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent)
- 7+ years practical experience of managing and implementing predictive maintenance strategies, including vibration analysis, lubrication, thermography, alignment and balancing
- Fully and currently certified ISO VCAT3 or higher. TCAT / LCAT certification would also be highly regarded
- Demonstrate diverse experience with balance of plant and critical machines
- Be client focused with the ability to create robust working relationships
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with high level English literacy, report writing skills and computer proficiency
- Proficient in the latest data analytics tools and techniques and a strong working knowledge of a wide range of rotating equipment
- Experienced across a variety of online vibration systems such as Bently Nevada System 1, Bruel & Kjaer Vibro Compass and Setpoint
- Experienced across offline vibration systems such as Emerson’s Machinery Health Manager, GE’s Scout / Commtest and Pruftechnik’s Vibscanner / Vibexpert packages
- Experienced user of CMMS systems (e.g. SAP, Maximo, JDE)
- Proficiency in project management processes and commercial controls and committed to process compliance and practice management systems
- Highly motivated, self-sufficient individual who enjoys working as part of collaborative and supportive team
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.