- APS 6 level equivalent
- Contract until June 30th, 2020 - extension possibilities
- Centrally located Federal Government Department
Seeking an APS 6 with skills across the Communications discipline to work in an innovative govt environment.
Your new company
A Federal Government Dept located in the Canberra City is seeking a Senior Communications Officer to join a dynamic and multi-disciplinary team that shapes and supports the dept’s focus on growing Australia’s defence industry, technology base and workforce.
Your new role
As the Senior Communications Officer, your role will focus on tailored engagement with key stakeholders within government and the private sector through a variety of communication methods such as:
- Preparing and editing written content for government briefings, printed collateral and web content; identifying key messages for various audiences.
- Interviewing businesses and scripting case studies, along with overseeing the delivery of corresponding video case studies.
- Leading the design, implementation and management of a Communications Plan and associated activities including communications for large scale public events.
- Identifying and planning strategic communications opportunities.
- Management and improvement of communication channels such as the website, direct email communication, social media engagement, events and newsletter;
- Assist with the coordination, tracking and responses to internal, inter-government and ministerial requests for information.
- Liaise and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders including at cross government communication forums.
- Provide advice and assistance on queries about communications activities.
What you'll need to succeed
We are looking for an individual with previous experience in the Communications field. Experience within the APS will be highly regarded, along with an understanding of government processes. You will be a strong team player, hold excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to liaise with various stakeholders of all levels.
As the Senior Communications Officer, you will work with limited supervision, hence you will be someone who can demonstrate initiative and prioritise workloads. You will hold demonstrated success in developing and implementing communication activities, along with holding staff leadership and supervision skills.
The ability to obtain and maintain a Baseline Clearance is required for this position.
What you'll get in return
In return, you will have the opportunity to work collaboratively within a strong team environment and deliver key Communications messages. You will receive a competitive hourly rate with contract extension possibilities of up to two years.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. Additionally, send your CV directly to [email protected] or call Leanne on 61127650 for further information.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
SA Licence number : LHS 297508