WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
A passionate Senior Communications and Engagement Consultant to lead our projects in Sydney and across New South Wales. The full-time position will work closely with the Director and contribute to the delivery of projects that shape our cities.
Ideally, you understand and utilise IAP2 Frameworks in your Communications and Engagement approach. You enjoy reporting data into themes, key insights and recommendations for clients.
You will be responsible for developing and implementing communications and engagement strategies for government, industry and community stakeholders, using a wide variety of engagement tools and techniques.
Many of our clients share in our values and trust in our work to develop the right strategic approach with the best people and tools. As a Senior Communications and Engagement Consultant you’ll be responsible for liaising with clients and delivering quality projects on time and within budget.
- Prepare, program, deliver and report on communications and engagement strategies and plans independently
- Produce communications materials for a range of digital and traditional communication and engagement tools (such as strategies, media releases, web copy, flyers, surveys and other collateral)
- Coordinate and lead consultation activities, programs and events
- Provide advice on a broad range of community and stakeholder engagement projects
- Develop tools and tactics for projects and programs designed for various platforms and audiences
- Maintain positive client, stakeholder and community relationships
- Assist the Director and supervise junior staff.
WHAT YOU WILL BE BRINGING WITH YOU
- Tertiary qualification or equivalent experience in Communications, Public Relations, Business, Social Science, Arts or Planning
- 7+ years professional experience, including working with government departments
- Excellent writing skills and the demonstrated capacity to lead and produce high quality content under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Project management experience and an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Confidence in using and facilitating online communication and engagement platforms such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams and Google Meet
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills together with the capacity to be flexible and adaptable
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to talk to members of the community and other key stakeholders as required
- A passion for making cities and communities a better place for people.
Salary: open to discussing dependent on experience and key attributes / project experience you can bring to this role.
To commence, this will be a permanent two-year contract given the nature of Consultancy practice. However, historically the team love to offer a permanent indefinite role past that two year mark. You will have full entitlements to annual leave and personal days throughout the fixed term placement initially.
E: [email protected]
LHS 297508 #2529773