- Full time permanent position with a dedicated team in Shepparton, in Yorta Yorta Country
- Salary package equivalent to 105K pa (base salary, super and salary packaging)
- Full Private Use Vehicle
For over 140 years, Berry Street has adapted to a changing world, and we will continue to adapt to achieve our purpose. We believe children, young people and families should be safe, thriving and hopeful. Our Vision for 2022: Together we will courageously change lives and reimagine service systems. We look forward to working with children, young people, families, carers, staff and partners to achieve this vision.
- Salary packaging (up to $15,900 per annum, plus additional packaging available for meals/accommodation).
- Flexible work arrangements and generous leave conditions.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), including access for staff members’ immediate family.
- Full private use vehicle.
The Senior Case Manager - Therapeutic Foster Care provides leadership and coordination of the care team for each child placed in therapeutic foster to achieve the best possible care for the child. The role is primarily responsible for the supervision and support of therapeutic carers and provides statutory case management services as required. The Senior Case Manager position works collaboratively with Take Two as the therapeutic service provider and other care team members to ensure the development of a therapeutically oriented and culturally appropriate care plan and placement for each child.
As a Senior Case Manager in the program, you will use your understanding of the issues related to child development, including the impact of trauma and abuse, and will utilise this knowledge both to support children in care and to establish and maintain foster care placements.
- Case management for carers children, and young people
- Assessment and placement plans
- Supporting reunification outcomes
- Carer Support
- Assess the foster carers by conducting assessments and identify potential placements for new carers
- Ensure relevant paperwork and administrative work is up to standard for reporting
To be successful for this role you will be a great team player with a knack for building strong stakeholder relationships. You will also have;
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work or other relevant area
- Extensive experience in child, youth and family welfare experience, with particular experience in out of home care
- Exceptional understanding of the legislative, policy and practice environment of out of home care sector
- Solid understanding of trauma and attachment theories
- Experience in supervision of carers
- Skills and experience in supervision of carers
- Knowledge and experience in therapeutic work
- Skills & experience in case management
- Well developed organisational skills
How To Apply
If this is the role for you, hit the APPLY button now and ensure you include your resume and cover letter.
Applications close, Tuesday, 04 August 2020 at 23:30.
Queries to Sharelle Davidson, Senior Manager Child & Family Services on 03 5822 8100.
Please note; Comprehensive reference and background checking will be undertaken, including a Working with Children Check and police check.
Berry Street is committed to being a child safe, child friendly and child empowering organisation. In everything we do we seek to protect children. We are committed to the cultural safety of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children; children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds; children with a disability; children who identify with a sexual and or gender minority identity. We aim to ensure every individual is treated with dignity and respect regardless of their cultural background, ability, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, spirituality or religion.
Aboriginal people; people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.