Senior Remediation Calculations Analyst
Senior Calculations Analyst, KPMG Managed Services - Based in Rhodes
KPMG Australia is part of a global network providing extensive services across a wide range of industries and sectors. Our people collaborate, share their expertise and create innovation as we partner with clients to solve complex challenges, empower change, and drive disruption and growth.
Starting with KPMG as a Senior Calculations Analyst (Financial Planning/Financial Services), you will report into the Calculations Team Leader. You will be responsible for calculating and determining the compensation that may be payable to customers, quality reviewing the work of other calculations team members and ensuring that it complies with client standards and regulatory requirements, throughout the remediation process.
Your major responsibilities will include:
- Complete compensation calculations in line with established policies, processes and procedures
- Quality Control Specialist – reviewing team members calculations, processes and methodologies
- Quantification of financial consequences due to inappropriate financial advice to customers
- Liaising with administrative, expert and case assessor teams to ensure the customer is remediated appropriately
- Coaching and Mentoring Calculation Analysts as required
How are you Extraordinary? You will ideally bring to this role:
- Minimum 3+ years relevant experience in financial services in an analyst/calculations style role
- Superior numerical abilities and understanding of how to analyse advice compensation calculations
- Experience in compensation calculations for remediation is extremely desirable
- Intermediate+ excel skills
- Tertiary qualification in Commerce, Economics, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Actuarial Science, or any equivalent.
- Understanding and experience of implementing risk control measures pertaining to calculations and the use/manipulation of data sets
- Attention to detail and excellent follow-up skills
- Adherence to governance principles
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills
- Strong understanding of workflow and operational processes
- Ability and experience managing to agreed timeframes and standards, adherence to internal due diligence processes and record keeping
- Prioritisation, time and project management skills with exceptional quality focus on the output
- A desire to lead and coach within a team environment
- Keen to step up and be accountable
The KPMG Difference
At KPMG, we believe diversity of thought, background and unique experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. Our people are focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics our people possess and we share and learn from each other. We are proud to be consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and for our achievements in LGBT+ workplace inclusion. Our commitment to ‘Flexibility’ allows our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal or family life.
Next steps? Please apply online by submitting your resume and cover letter. A member of the KPMG Talent Acquisition team will contact be in contact once your application has been reviewed.