Join Team KCGM
Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines Pty Ltd (KCGM) is currently seeking an experienced Senior Business Analyst to join the Commercial Department at the Superpit mine in Kalgoorlie.
The Senior Business Analyst will lead the business analysis team within the finance function to provide a high quality of reporting and analysis to support site leadership decision making and planning.
This is a residential role on a 5:2/4:3 roster, working 9.5 hour days.
Key tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the business analysis team to prepare month end accounting reports and presentations to assist in cost analysis and control.
- Collate end of month reports, including interpretation and investigation of any anomalies within the data, ensuring both internal and external reporting requirements are met.
- Collation and review of annual budgets and regular forecasts, assist with the coordination and timely execution of the site’s Business Planning schedule.
- Develop and optimise systems, processes, and initiatives to improve financial performance and reporting.
- Manage the site capital request process, providing guidance to capital request owners.
- Ensure financial processes and internal controls are maintained.
- Support financial evaluation of business initiatives.
About KCGM - Locally Owned and Operated
Proudly Western Australian owned, KCGM has been successfully operating the iconic Super Pit and Mt Charlotte underground mine for over 30 years. Our enviable success and global profile in the world’s richest square mile is surpassed only by our exciting future, with a number of significant growth opportunities in our open pit, underground and processing operations.
About Kalgoorlie - The Heart of the Goldfields
Discover what the Goldfields has to offer you by going BOLD!
The City of Kalgoorlie Boulder has first-class information regarding the region on their Go Bold website - GO BOLD
- Tertiary qualification in Commerce, Economics, Business and/or similar discipline is required.
- Minimum three years’ experience in a mine accounting role.
- Demonstrated continuous improvement mindset; optimisation of systems, processes, and initiatives to improve financial performance and associated reporting.
- Understanding of cost and revenue drivers allowing interpretation and communication regarding application to the wider business.
- Investment evaluation experience to support complex business decisions; modelling multiple scenarios
- Excellent communication, report writing and effective presentation skills.
- Advanced MS Office (particularly Excel) including financial modelling.
- Must reside in the Goldfields region for this residential opportunity.
- Current unencumbered Western Australian “C” Class Drivers Licence.
- CA / CPA qualified
- Post graduate qualifications in above discipline/s
- Experience in a gold or mineral processing environments
- Experience with Pronto enterprise management software
Why work for us?
With a strong connection to the Kalgoorlie-Boulder community, KCGM offers you unparalleled opportunities to forge a career in the resource industry whilst enjoying the relative ease of living in a thriving regional city. Your dynamic, actioned-oriented days at KCGM will be immediately replaced by the comforts of home, friends and family just minutes from work, with all the facilities you would expect in larger metropolitan centres.
KCGM encourages a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential. We offer competitive salary packages. Joining the KCGM team also means you are eligible for our industry leading Parental Leave entitlements, and Reward and Recognition programs.