A large Government Agency are looking for a Business Analyst with System Implementations and Integration experience.
This 6 month role with potential for extension offers working from home flexibility, and a supportive culture with endless opportunities for progression.
The Senior Business Analyst leads the review and analysis of the Department’s ICT business intentions, services, processes and information needs to identify changes that lead to business improvements.
The role contributes technical and thought leadership to the development, implementation, acquisition, integration and ongoing support of systems and tools to meet end user requirements.
- Develop business requirements and scope process/systems change proposals and statements to support the Department’s business technologies, systems and tools; ensure compliance with the Department’s approved project management standards, methodologies, tools and/or systems
- Oversee and/or prepare thorough analysis and documentation of business processes, work flow and requirements for new systems and tools and/or changes or enhancements to existing systems and tools
- Contribute technical and thought leadership to assist other IT Directorate teams to document business processes and procedures; participate in cross-team business process improvement processes to ensure business applications are integrated and maximise the use of existing information, infrastructure and architecture
- Prepare test plans and support documentation for systems and tools; lead planning workshops and project teams to capture and define user requirements and data / information specifications
- Contribute to planning processes to ensure timeframes for development, implementation and support take account of user needs and constraints; ensure all change management issues are thoroughly researched and resolved prior to implementation
- Prepare and deliver presentations and briefings as required; provide management with status of projects and other project related issues as required
- Contribute to the project activities including: requirements gathering & creation of user stories, data analysis & testing, and data mapping & migration.
- Develop and deliver business specifications within a broad framework agreed with the role supervisor
- Exercises judgement and initiative in prioritising and resolving day-to-day issues in accordance with Departmental and IT Directorate policies, procedures and operational guidelines
- Shares accountability for the quality and accuracy of outputs, analysis, briefings and advice provided
- Escalates urgent, complex and/or significant issues to the role’s supervisor, including those that may substantially affect resourcing, impact budget or disrupt service delivery.
- Extensive experience as a business analyst in a large complex IT environment and a proven ability to deliver complex user specifications and/or detailed business requirements.
- Proven experience as an end-to-end business analyst in System Integration projects.
- Proven understanding of project and systems development lifecycles and project management and business analysis methodologies (e.g. PRINCE 2, CBAP, Agile).
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a fast paced, complex project environment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or email your CV to [email protected]
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2639301