GHD is one of the world's leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation. With a global network of 11,000 professionals, we combine the benefit of local knowledge with an ability to access our people internationally, helping clients enjoy the rewards of one GHD network.
GHD Advisory addresses our clients€™ needs to drive efficiencies and growth across their commercial and asset lifecycles. We devise innovative solutions and cost-effective strategies to maximise value for money and deliver exceptional outcomes for our clients.
GHD Advisory operates globally. Our advisors provide services to clients across Australia, New Zealand, UK, USA, Canada, North Africa and Asia-Pacific. Our services complement GHD€™s existing strong engineering and environmental consulting Service Lines through three core activities:
- Risk, Assurance & Regulation
- Infrastructure Investment & Economics
- Asset Management
Sitting within Risk, Assurance & Regulation, the Regulation & Access Team is responsible for providing clients with, among other things, sound economic-regulation and commercial advice on electricity assets (transmission and distribution infrastructure), energy infrastructure, and energy market and network connection considerations associated with the transition to renewable energy.
In addition, the Team provides advice on the prudency and efficiency of capex and opex decisions, the development and review of regulatory submissions, and the processes for accessing regulatory assets. The Team also supports the implementation of policy in the energy sector.
The Senior Advisor role will predominantly focus on business development, team development and project delivery in the electricity sector in Australia and New Zealand.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Growing the business areas of economic-regulation, business case development and asset advisory in the electricity sector (Australia & New Zealand).
- Identifying and assessing strategic market opportunities for future engagements.
- Promoting relationships with existing and potential clients, with a view to increase repeat business and expanding the current client base.
- Undertaking the role as Project Director, Project Manager or Project Specialist on projects in the electricity sector, and Project Specialist in support of projects associated with economic regulation in other sectors.
- Building effective relationships within GHD, with various Service Lines, Market Leaders and Client Relationship Managers.
- Supporting other advisory teams (Infrastructure, Investment & Economics; Asset Management) with infrastructure-related investment advice, advice on operating decisions, and the delivery of projects and proposals associated with economic regulation.
You will have:
- Knowledge of the National Electricity Rules in the National Electricity Market and their continuing development (particularly in the support of the transition to renewables), and similar rules in other Australian and New Zealand jurisdictions.
- Economic-regulation and industry sector experience from working at regulated utilities, consulting firms, regulatory agencies or government departments
- Experience with technical and economic review of economic regulatory submissions including prudency and efficiency assessments of capital and operating expenditures and forecasts, review of utility asset building block unit rate estimates, and information reporting requirements of regulators
- Knowledge of the Depreciated Optimised Replacement Cost (DORC) asset valuation method, and its application in the electricity and other industry sectors
- Experience with developing high-level comparative cost estimates in the electricity sector, to evaluate the reasonableness of proposed utility expenditure
- Ability to support energy policy development support
- Excellent modelling skills in Microsoft Excel, and capability to develop models to meet client and internal needs
- Strong report writing skills, preferably with experience with preparing reports for regulators, other jurisdictional authorities, and Board submissions
- Capability and commitment to lead the preparation of proposals and delivery of small-, medium- and large-sized projects
- Relevant tertiary qualifications - ideally an engineering degree, with an additional economics, commerce or business degree (e.g. MBA) being advantageous.
You will be:
- A proven work winner with a strong reputation for delivery and trusted client adviser
- Capable of building on strong existing relationships with industry, with the objective being to secure project wins and key client relationships from the start of your career with GHD Advisory
- Able to create, maintain and improve client relationships
- Comfortable with managing your business-development targets
- Able to lead by influence and example
- A positive influence on your colleagues of all levels of seniority and experience
- An excellent communicator, both verbal and written
- A proficient Project Manager with strong planning, management and team skills
- Equally adept in working in a team or alone
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working have been central to the way that GHD does business. As is creating a nurturing environment where people are empowered and are encouraged to bring their whole self to work. You will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from inspiring colleagues as well as personalised career development through the GHD Business School.
- A variety of flexible working arrangements
- An inclusive environment that wins awards for workplace diversity
- Staff discounts on selected health insurance, gyms, travel and accommodation
- A generous parental leave policy
- Access to an employee assistance program
Please forward your application on-line to www.ghd.com/careers or apply via the link below.
Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted for this position.
GHD is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities and invites applications from people of all nationalities, genders, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.
Contact: [email protected]