At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat OpenShift Service Reliability Engineering (SRE) team is looking for a Security Software Engineer to join our Security team in Brisbane, Australia. Red Hat OpenShift is a leading enterprise Kubernetes container platform and SRE is the first team to host and manage the code in the public cloud. As a member of the Security team, you will track, adapt, create, and teach best practices in cloud security, including system security, cryptography, incident response, and policy. Along with the rest of your team, you will interact with other SREs and product engineering associates around the world to deliver large, secure, containerized cluster environments. As a Security Software Engineer, you’ll work in a complicated and fast-paced environment while keeping Enterprise Kubernetes, the globally distributed, cloud-based, containerized service, secure and available for our customers.
- Research and develop defensive and proactive measures to combat both known and evolving security threats
- Monitor and maintain the security posture of the environment, including routine patching
- Write software to automate security-related tasks in Golang and scripting languages like Python and Ansible
- Identify terms of service and other violations in the environment using automated tools
- Participate in security incidents and responses
- Work with internal Red Hat Information Security, Product Security and Security Incident Response teams to improve security posture
- Coordinate with our service reliability engineers for ongoing threat mitigation
- Assist with drafting and applying of security policies
- Analyze Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) for applicability and impact; design and implement CVE mitigation and remediation strategies
- Resolve customer issues in cooperation with Red Hat's global customer support team
- Create and maintain standard operating procedures and documentation
- 3+ years of experience managing Linux servers running Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), CentOS, or Fedora hosted at a cloud provider like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Compute Engine (GCE), or Microsoft Azure
- 1+ years of experience with enterprise systems monitoring; experience with Prometheus is a plus
- 1+ years of experience programming with at least one object-oriented language; Golang is a plus
- Experience with security tools like Snort, psad, ClamAV, and OpenSCAP
- Solid understanding of standard TCP/IP networking and common protocols like DNS and HTTP
- Experience with SELinux is a plus
- 1+ years of experience with Kubernetes is a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.