Australia - Northern Territory, Alice Springs
AECOM has an opportunity for a
Security Monitor supporting our program in Alice Springs, Australia. The selected candidate will ensure direct observation (line-of-sight) of contractors and visitors without relevant security clearances. Ensuring all contractors or visitors perform duties or tasks within the areas designated for that particular activity, and in accordance with site security and safety protocols.
Specific duties include:
- Maintaining control of assigned un-cleared personnel/visitors to site.
- Ensuring un-cleared personnel or visitors that they are assigned responsibility for do not have access to site sensitive material and do not access unauthorized areas.
- Must operate a hand-held radio system to communicate with key stakeholders.
- Ensure that un-cleared personnel/visitors do not bring or use electronic equipment on the facility without appropriate authorization from the Joint Security Staff
- Ensure that un-cleared personnel/visitors are aware of and follow relevant evacuation lockdown and security procedures and processes.
- Actively prevent the removal or theft of items belonging to the facility
- Perform duties in extreme weather conditions. May require prolonged standing, sitting, and/or walking, climbing stairs.
A Security Monitor may be requested to assist employees in one or all of the following areas where there is an operational need for additional support including cleaning, food Services, Trades Assistant/Serviceperson, administration, finance, and other duties as required by Security Management.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must have an active SECRET or Top Secret/SCI security Clearance.
- Ability to follow and comply with policy and procedures.
- Demonstrated capacity to be flexible and adapt to changing circumstance.
- Proved commitment to complete tasks and follow through.
- Ability to work professionally and independently with minimal supervision.
- Maintain the image of security and safety consciousness.
- Hold US driver’s license, ability to obtain Driver’s Licence.
- Ability to complete White Card Training (Construction Induction).
- Understanding and commitment to the principles of Security and Safety.
- Active, fully adjudicate Top Secret (TS/SCI) clearance (w/CPL) is preferred.
- Previous security experience preferred.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.