Security Duty Officer
Australia - Northern Territory, Alice Springs
AECOM has an opportunity for a
Security Duty Officer (SDO) in Australia. The selected candidate will join an O&M program for a mission critical customer responsible for the facilities operation and maintenance services to include construction, power generation, warehousing, medical support, temporary quarters, transportation systems, environmental health and safety, security, information technology, housing, as well as all aspects of maintaining and repairing the site and its ancillary buildings. The SDO will provide 24-hour/7 day per week personnel access control to ensure classified information and sensitive materials are properly secured and safeguarded for all classified areas; perform management and supervisory responsibilities as the shift supervisor or senior SDO, for that shift; provide 24-hour monitoring and response to facility fire alarms and other emergency indicators (e.g. Lockdown alarm); perform all repair, maintenance, and combination changes on all safes and vault locks; operate the USG provided paging and radio network; scan all submitted computer software for viruses; perform additional informal security-related activities as directed by the Security GPOC; manage/maintain keys and combination control; provide roving patrols; assist and be on recall for Emergency Response as directed; serve as the “first responder” and facility focal point for all medical emergencies inside and outside of classified areas at Site and provide incident and daily reporting as required.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Active, fully adjudicated TS/SCI with CI Polygraph Clearance.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years previous experience in security, access control, CCTV operations or customer service or at least 3 years of experience accompanied with a 4 year degree.
- SDOs must fulfill an initial 2-year contract and are encouraged to maintain employment for concurrent tours.
- Must successfully pass a physical examination given by a licensed physician or health care professional prior to assignment and subsequent tours thereafter or every two years.
- Maintain qualifications for First Responder.
- Successful completion of applicable safe and lock training.
- Must have native-like fluency in reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Advanced Resuscitation training preferred.
- Defibrillator use training preferred.
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certified preferred.
- Experience responding to and removing reptiles preferred.
- DoD and OCONUS Facilities experience is a strong plus.
- Previous GSA Safe and Vault Certification preferred.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.