An orchard in the Huon Valley, Southern Tasmania required 40 seasonal horticulture labourers to pick raspberries and other fruits. Also thinning apples and pruning raspberries and other fruits. 6MO of work is expected to start at the end of November. A minimum of 30 hours a week will be provided. Successful candidates will be offered casual employment under the Horticulture award 2010. Employment will be paid at a contract (piece work) or hourly rate.
- Be fit, healthy and agile- able to bend, crouch and kneel for extended periods of time.
- Able to tolerate working in hot, windy or wet weather and in very dirty and muddy conditions.
- Ability to pass a colour blindness test -as accuracy in fruit picking selection is critical.
- be reliable and committed to working for the whole 6 mo period.
- Required to start between 6am and 7 am -6 days a week.
- Able to work alone or in a team.
- Able to learn new skills quickly.
Late applicants will not be accepted and only successful candidates will be contacted. Drug and Alcohol testing may also be conducted at any time of employment.
applications in writing to [email protected] by submitting your resume and a short cover letter advising of your ability to meet the requirements above. If you do not live locally please provide advice on your ability to access work.
Applications close 31st July 2020