Exciting opportunity for a designer with two plus years' experience to join an Australian-based manufacturing and product development company.
Our client is a value driven organisation that operates as a team, where the people come first, and laughter is a must. With an innovative product offering and an expanding global presence, this thriving company manufactures recycled materials into building products which are used in the construction of everything from local schools to world renowned landmarks.
About the Company
The newly built office environment is fresh and fun, the people are awesome, down to earth and proud of what they do.
As a business who invests in their people, your hard work and success will be well rewarded, not only with a competitive salary, but also with a number of unique company benefits with a strong focus on wellness.
You and Your Role
The role is the in-house designer backed up by an offsite design team, supporting the sales team & the manufacturing team to quantify schedule and produce standard and bespoke products for the Queensland and new south wales market.
- Realising client requirements and developing working solutions.
- Developing and pricing CNC layouts for manufacture
- Monitor project timeframes, costs, material utilisation and manufacturing efficiency
- Support sales with drawings / specs
The role will be hands on, and requires a 'doer', someone who has a minimum of two years of design and build experience. This is not a desk bound job, it will see you on the manufacturing floor, out on the road with the sales team, in front of clients and therefore you will be adaptable and professional at all times. The ability to price a project accurately is critical therefore you will be detail orientated. Experience in using Solidworks is extremely advantageous.
To be successful within this role you will:
- Competent working with CAD software.
- Be willing and proactive, prepared to go beyond the confines of a job description
- Be detail focused and constantly looking for ways of doing things more time and cost effectively
- Be a team player, someone who communicates effectively and works collaboratively with the wider team and business.
- Ability to relate to all levels of the business from guys on the floor to senior management and clients
- Highly resilient and have the ability to work within tight timeframes with heavy workloads, not compromising on quality of work
- Have the ability to problem solve, thinking outside the square
If you are interested in finding out more about this exciting opportunity to be part of a hugely successful, and industry iconic brand then we would love to hear from you. Please call Amanda Hynes at u&u on 07 3232 9144, quoting reference number 17371 Alternatively, to submit an application, please click below.
Please submit your resume in Word format only.