Sales Support Associate
Sales Support Associate
The Sales Support Associate (SSA) is part of the Equinix APAC Sales Support & Quoting team and within the Global Sales Operations. We are looking for someone who has a passion for Pre-Sales and has had exposure to project management/coordination. This would be a chance for a talented individual to start a career in a global company with strong excellent career opportunities.
Equinix is one of the fastest growing data center companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. That’s why we're always looking for creative and forward thinking people who can help us achieve our goal of global interconnection. With 200 data centers in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations and complex cloud and application solutions.
At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire talented people who thrive on solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it’s our authentic, humble, gritty people who create The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
Being the Sales Support Associate you will play a key role in project managing pre-sales activities working cross-functionally to solve issues related to quotes, and orders.
You will be responsible for project managing the quote support for multiple deals across APAC ensuring they conform to Equinix standards, making sure the scope and direction of each is on schedule.
Every day you will work closely with the sales reps and deliver value by providing proactive and reactive pre-sales support. You will be highly organized and an efficient professional who can wear multiple hats throughout the working day while prioritizing the most important requests.
Daily activities include:
- SSA is part of the account team and is customer facing. The SSA may be asked to join Customer meetings and prepare quoting related QBR (Quarterly Business Review). Travel within APAC may be required.
- Follows up with customer on required documents and missing information
- Support customer with pre-sales related questions on quotation, prepare customer renewal report and project insight on the quarterly and annual basis.
Pre-Sales and Transactions Coordination
- Support Customers and Sales reps with creating, tracking status and garnering approvals for quotes. Also support for system functionality issues, quote complexity, knowledge/training, and exceptional high volume of quotes on the regional or global scale.
- Validate quoting info provided by customers/ Sales reps for non-standard quotes. Follow up directly with Sales reps on any clarifications or additional info required to accurately generate quote
- Monitor/manage quote request queues and generate quotes related to new orders, amendments, and renewals. Handle quote revisions, approvals, pricing ramps, and pricing agreements and contract language as needed
- Responsible for setting, guiding and managing project to its target. Responsible for managing time (schedules / phases), resources (internal and external) and content (milestones / targets).
- Project manages single country, large, complex deals, maintain all change record and keep details/document up to date.
Process and Policy Adoption and Reinforcement
- Provide live sales support for all system related questions and be the single point of subject matter expertise for any system or process improvements (e.g., ECO enhancements)
- Provide 1st level support to Sales Reps on generating legal Agreements in SFDC and submitting nonstandard term requests to Legal (e.g. for MCA, GTC, Policies)
The responsibilities are not limited to the job scope above where a full job description can be provided on request.
Preferable Education and Experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience, preferably in computer-related field
- 1+ years of experience in Project Management/ Quote Support / Customer Support Organisation
- Industry experience in technology or telco would be a plus
- Siebel, Salesforce, Excel knowledge/experience beneficial
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills, ability to professionally communicate and interact with all levels of internal and external customers
- Strong attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work and adapt in rapidly changing environment
- A customer service focus or a passion for project management
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities, handle highly confidential information, and a self-starter attitude
- Expertise in MS Word, Excel (including Excel pivot tables), PowerPoint required
- Strong process orientation and analytical and deductive reasoning skills
- Working knowledge of internet, hosting and networking concepts desirable