At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
Become a technology enthusiast and expert in a role that requires constant learning about new technologies and how they can be applied to solve enterprise challenges. The Red Hat Sales team is looking for a passionate and innovative Sales Specialist to join us in Sydney, Australia. In this role, you will guide the adoption of Red Hat's cloud and infrastructure solutions by our enterprise customers and partners across Australia and New Zealand (ANZ). You'll work closely with local account teams to meet demanding growth targets over the coming years. As a Sales Specialist, you'll need to have excellent sales, communication, and people skills as you'll be a crucial part of the Red Hat Sales team, interacting with both internal and external stakeholders. In the evangelist part of the role, you may be asked to speak at events and technical forums to everyone from chief information officers (CIOs) to user groups about Red Hat's technologies.
- Sell Red Hat's infrastructure and cloud management solutions portfolio by generating opportunities in a designated set of accounts or a territory
- Contribute to selling and marketing strategies in the cloud and infrastructure solutions portfolio
- Promote Red Hat's value proposition to prospective customers within a highly competitive market
- Meet quantitative and qualitative performance expectations
- Set high standards for articulation and presentation of key messages to C-level executives
- Collaborate with the wider sales team to advance key cloud and infrastructure opportunities
- Build relationships of trust with key customer decision-makers and experts
- Work with Red Hat's channel team to sell with relevant cloud and infrastructure partners
- Present at forums and community events to raise awareness of Red Hat's cloud and infrastructure portfolio
- Interact with Red Hat's Global Business team leaders
- 5+ years of experience working in a solutions sales role
- Extensive technical sales experience in enterprise infrastructure and cloud software solutions
- Good communication and technical skills that enable customer relationship development at engineering, commercial, and executive levels
- Motivation to understand customer business objectives and challenges and the ability to produce a narrative that addresses these business objectives
- Passion for open source technology
- Solutions sales mentality in a company with multiple offerings and services
- Proven ability to work seamlessly with global, cross-functional teams to achieve success on behalf of customers
- Balance of strategic, tactical, technical, and creative thinking skills
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.