150+ restaurants across Australia, Singapore, Tokyo and the USA today, and opening 30-35 new restaurants every year - Guzman y Gomez (GYG) is the fastest growing food company in Australia and we’re changing the perception of fast food.
Our Sales and Food Preparation Crew Members are the lifeblood of GYG. You are on the front line, greeting customers, taking orders, problem solving and weighing-in with expertise on custom food designs. Every day you’ll have the opportunity to recommend products, add on’s and promote your favourite menu items with new and repeat guests.
With some training and time you’ll become a specialist in all things GYG and be depended upon as the critical connector between our customers and our kitchen.
There is never a dull moment – Through quiet periods you’ll be preparing for the busy ones. Helping out in other areas of the restaurant, restocking fridges, some basic food prep, wiping tables, and learning other roles across the team. You’ll get exposure to every aspect of what goes into running a busy, GYG business.
Crew culture is important to us, so we like to keep it simple. We look for people who share our love of food and our commitment to people.
- It’s all about the food. Always. Forever. We never compromise on freshness or quality. GYG food is 100% clean.
- Make every customer love us. In restaurant, drive thru or delivery, we’re all about the customer. Delicious fresh food. Cooked to perfection. Fun, energetic environments and exceptional service – Every time.
- Be real – It takes all kinds to keep Australia’s fastest growing food brand going. We don’t have time for games or politics. Be yourself, respect each other, have fun, don’t make excuses and remember the two points above.
- Got your back. When you join GYG, you are joining a family, culture is everything at GYG and we care about each other. We always have each other’s back.
- It’s up to us. We never walk past a problem – We fix it now.
What we’re looking for
We’ll provide you with the support required to get the mechanics right. We’re scouting for attitude, maturity and energy. If what we’re doing strikes a few chords, we’d love to opportunity to find you a place in our team.
The moment your shift starts, you become the first and lasting impression for our customers. Hence why it’s important we get it right.
While experience is helpful, it’s not everything. We find people with a history working in hospitality venues (restaurants, bars, cafés and clubs etc) or fast paced retail environments work well. But we’d love to receive applications from anyone who;
- Understands the difference between ‘customer service’ and ‘great customer service’ and how we deliver it.
- Is open to coaching, eager to learn and ready to put in the effort.
- Can be relied upon to follow through.
Important to know
Every position at GYG presents opportunity for growth and career development. Whenever we can, we promote from within – Particularly when opening new restaurants.
We recognise every member of our team as a potential game changer. Whether it’s as a prospective Franchisee, Marketer, Accountant or Data Analyst, we’ll support your career growth each step of the way – We want to be a part of it.
More immediately, when starting with GYG you can expect;
- We’ll deck you out with GYG merch/uniforms, ready for your first day
- Great crew discounts in restaurants both while you’re working, and days off
- Ongoing product, systems and skills training
- Regular work schedules and hours
Awarded 2020 QSR Media Multi-Site Restaurant of the Year, there has never been a better time to join the GYG family. Please apply now through the link provided to start the conversation.