About the Role
We are seeking Safety Engineers / Consultants located in Melbourne. We are looking for smart, adaptable engineers able and willing to apply their skills across multiple domains. As a Safety Engineer, you will use your engineering knowledge to influence the design, operation and maintenance of complex systems to ensure that technical risks are identified, communicated and managed; and that the safety of those using or relying on the system is not compromised.
With 5 - 10 years of experience, you will form a core part of the Frazer-Nash delivery team and will be given significant autonomy to set a project’s direction and then the responsibility to deliver. Within the Systems Safety and Assurance practice this means working directly with clients to help develop their Risk Management strategies. This may include authoring System Safety Program Plans, undertaking detailed hazard and risk analyses of engineered systems and developing safety cases and risk management plans or strategies. On client projects you may be supported by Frazer-Nash Consultants and Senior Consultants.
We are distinguished from our competitors by our cross-sector approach and as a Frazer-Nash engineer you can expect to work in different industry sectors, such as Defence, Rail and Infrastructure, throughout your career. Your long-term career with Frazer-Nash will be enabled by our Group Leaders and Technical Managers and can take you into three broad roles: technical expert, people leader, or business developer.
The successful applicant will meet the following minimum requirements:
- A 4-year Bachelor Degree or a 3-year technical degree in engineering and is, or is capable of becoming, a member of Engineers Australia at the grade of Professional Engineer or Engineering Technologist.
- 5-10 years of experience in engineering analysis and system safety.
- Contributed to identification of safety related risks during design / production / commission / disposal of systems or plant with experience in techniques including HAZOP, LOPA, FMEA/FMECA, Bow Tie etc.
- Operated within and have an understanding of an ISO31000 Risk Management framework.
- Understanding of Rail and International System Safety standards, particularly EN50126, EN50128 and EN50129.
- Willing to occasionally travel interstate.
- An Australian citizen and capable of obtaining an Australian Security Clearance to the level of Negative Vetting Level 1 (NV1).
Frazer-Nash will facilitate your application for an Australian Security Clearance. Further information on this process is available at: http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
- Excellent client management/stakeholder engagement skills.
- Commercial awareness and appreciation of business development.
- Previous Defence or Rail experience.
- Chartered Status with Engineers Australia.
- Previous experience in a Consulting environment.
What’s on offer?
At Frazer-Nash we offer:
- Competitive salary packaging and company profit sharing scheme.
- 4 weeks annual leave and the ability to purchase 1 week of additional leave each year.
- A mature working environment with flexible start and finish times.
- Opportunities to diversify your experience with work across different sectors and potential secondments to Frazer-Nash offices in the United Kingdom.
- Support to obtain Chartered Professional Engineer or Chartered Engineering Technologist through Engineers Australia.
Join us to help assure the safe and successful delivery of projects, ranging from flagship Defence acquisitions, transformational Rail investments in Australia's capital cities to influencing the safe disposal of Australia's radiological waste.