As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services , mineral processing underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
A little background
Mineral Resources is not like most other companies. Our entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well, and it has infused itself with the very culture of our business. What is that spirit you may ask? It means that we are focused on the outcome; willing to shift the very earth to achieve our desired goals. We are not constrained to a particular methodology, and are willing accept that there can be many ways to create success.
Mineral Resources is on a journey, and this will be accomplished in a myriad of ways. At the heart of it all will be our workforce. We can’t accomplish anything without our people. Leaders to set the vision; specialists to design, plan and implement; skilled tradesman to operate our high tech machinery. It takes all of us.
About the role
Due to exponential growth throughout 2020 and beyond, we have a newly created position for a Safety Advisor to join our CSI Crushing and Processing business. This role will be based at our Applecross head office with regular site travel as required. This role will play an integral part as the interface between corporate and operational sites, with an overall responsibility for implementing Health and Safety systems, initiatives, strategies and processes.
Reporting to the Safety Manager, you will play an pivotal part in the contribution of promoting a safe, healthy and environmentally responsible work ethic and safety culture amongst MRL employees and contractors. . The position will provide technical support across CSI sites to ensure the Health & Safety message is communicated effectively and proactively embedded over time.
What we’re after
We’re looking for someone who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and enjoys a challenging yet rewarding work environment. You will be responsible for;
- Implementing and maintaining safety systems
- Monitoring and improve safety performance and lower risk through identifying improvement and the introduction of appropriate initiatives
- Reviewing, developing, implementing and promoting, corporate health and safety standards, strategies and practices
- Building effective working relationships, and provide technical guidance and advice to senior management on health and safety best practice and innovations
- Conducting inspections, audits and incident investigations as required
- Reporting to management on safety statistics and performance
What you’ll bring to the team
- Tertiary qualification in Occupational Health and Safety
- At least three years experience in a similar role in the mining, construction or heavy industrial sectors
- Demonstrated success in leading, coaching, mentoring and developing diverse teams of professional and non-professional staff from diverse backgrounds
- Strong understanding of Safety Management and a positive approach to implementation and execution of pragmatic management systems
- Ability to identify and instigate business improvement initiatives
- Demonstrate initiative and creative problem solving skills.
- Intermediate computer literacy including familiarity with safety and training software systems
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now! Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.