Join the SDN village and make a real difference to the lives of children and young people.
Discover how you can make a real difference to the lives of children and young people by strengthening their village and partnering with families when they need it most.
About The Program
The Family Preservation Program delivers targeted voluntary intervention services to children and young people aged 0-17 where concerns of risk of significant harm have been raised.
The primary outcome of the Family Preservation Program is to keep children and young people within their safe and stable family by improving family functioning and reducing risk and safety concerns so they can have a healthy development.
The voluntary programs focus is on preventing vulnerable children from entering the child protection system by improving children and young people's wellbeing.
About The Role
You will work in partnership with Practitioners and Leaders using a coaching approach to embed SafeCare and Thriving Families, SDN's Family Centred Framework into service delivery with children, young people and their families.
This position requires you to be certified as a SafeCare Provider and willing to be trained and certified as a SafeCare Coach.
This is a full time permanent position based at our Caringbah or Canterbury office with travel within Sydney Metro required. We offer flexible working arrangements with a mix of work from home and office.
To succeed in this role you will need:
- University qualifications in Early Childhood Education, Social Work, or a related discipline (minimum 3 - 5 years post qualifying experience)
- Demonstrated ability to support children and families with vulnerabilities such as social isolation, domestic and family violence, mental health, drug and alcohol misuse, child behaviour management concerns and a lack of parenting skills
- Knowledge and experience in the development of parenting capacities to reach child development outcomes
- Certified as a SafeCare Provider and willingness to be trained and certified as a SafeCare Coach
- Strong written and verbal skills with the ability to influence others
- Confidence in change management and supporting others in this process
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of professional disciplines
- Well-developed coaching / mentoring skills
- Strong networking skills and ability to build/maintain positive relationships with external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work with culturally diverse (CALD and Aboriginal) families and communities
- An understanding of NSW Child Protection Guidelines and relevant legislation
- Current First Aid certificate
- A current NSW drivers' licence and willingness to travel within the Sydney Metro area
- A current Working with Children's Check (WWCC) and National Police Check
In the context of COVID-19 we are continuing to deliver services to families face to face. Staff have the option to work from home or at the office based on individual need.
SDN's values are at the heart of everything we do. If you share our values and believe that through working together we can make the world a better and more equitable place then we want to hear from you!
We commit ourselves to being: trustworthy and reliable, inclusive and respectful and creative and innovative. SDN's commitment to staff is demonstrated by investing in an Employee Value Proposition project based on staff feedback.
SDN Benefits include:
- Positive, welcoming culture
- Ongoing training and development with a focus on career growth
- Learning and development fund for each staff member
- Working with a team of professionals who have extensive experience and knowledge gained through our 110 + year history of supporting children and families
- Flexible working arrangements with a strong focus on work life balance
- Experienced and passionate management team who are supportive and consultative
- Priority placement for children of staff members
- Discounted child care fee
- Full salary packaging
- Paid parental leave
- Finders fee -referral scheme
- Employee Assistance Program - Free, voluntary and confidential counselling service
- SDN Staff Giving Fund
- Access to purchased Leave
- Picnic Day - One extra day paid leave for all permanent staff
- Study Leave
- Rewards and Recognition Program
- KM Reimbursement
To view the positions description, please copy and paste the below into a web browser:
SDN Children's Services welcomes and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Successful applicants will be subject to relevant pre-employment checks including Working with Children Check (NSW), National Police Check and Covid 19 vaccination in line with government regulations.