Our client is a successful & well known national housing maintenance company. They are now looking for a South Australian State Manager in Adelaide.
- Large 6 Figure Salary Package (Salary + Car allowance + Incentive bonus + Tools)
- National Housing Maintenance Organisation
- Fantastic Company Culture
Our client is a successful and well known national housing maintenance company. The organisation is currently looking for a South Australian State Manager to join the business in the Adelaide office. This role reports directly into the National Operations Manager who is based in Sydney.
The company aims to work with their clients to provide high quality service which is flexible, transparent and continuously improving so that client expectations are surpassed.
In this role the successful candidate will be responsible for managing and leading the SA maintenance delivery team to deliver the organisations business objectives aligned with Maintenance Contract Requirements and other operational legal requirements.
This position works closely with the South Australian Management Team, Field Supervisors and Senior Schedulers to assist in the delivery of its Contracts. This position represents the company in the market-place and you must be able to build effective relationships with the organisations Senior Management Team, its Customers, Subcontractors and Suppliers.
- Oversee Compliance Inspections for completion within timeframe and to contract requirements
- Manage staff, systems and process so that the organisations business and contractual objectives are achieved
- Ensure all Subcontractor Non-Conformances are managed and/or remediated to completion within 10 days of discovery
- Manage trend analysis to identify any performance gaps, develop and implement corrective and preventative actions for continual improvement
- Participate in quality audits by clients and third parties to promote full compliance with quality requirements
- Ensure client reporting requirements are performed in accordance with contract requirements
- Identify operational risks and assess their level of severity and probability
- Work collaboratively with the Management Team to identify and implement strategies to avoid or mitigate risks
- Ensure that the work allocation to Subcontractors is based on their performance against Key Performance Indicators (time, scope, quality and code of conduct)
- Ensure that all interested parties are communicated with and engaged throughout the delivery of maintenance work
- Manage the delivery of the maintenance services to ensure contractual timeframes are met for each property and relevant parcel of work
- Ensure the management and approval of variation requests for planned work, over the agreed/approved variation benchmarks, are compliant with the operational guidelines within the contract
- Proactively manage issues and work flow to ensure the completion of work complies with contractual timeframes
- Contribute to development of state budget in line with business targets and timelines
- Oversee management of State Planned Maintenance Budget to deliver business targets
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve efficiencies, reduce costs and increase profit
- Identify opportunities, facilitate business development and support tendering to increase revenue in the State
- Manage the Subcontractor overall performance in delivery of scheduled works with in timeframe required
- Ensure any and all changes to work requirements are fully disclosed to subcontractors to enable compliance under contract
- Oversee recruitment of local Subcontractors to ensure sufficient capacity to meet contract requirements
- Oversee induction of Subcontractors
- Oversee audits of Subcontractors quality and safety management systems to ensure compliance with statutory, contract and company Requirements
- Provide a healthy and safe workplace for Staff, Visitors and Subcontractors
- Ensure all WHS Hazards, Incidents, Injuries and near misses are investigated and reported in a timely manner
- Develop and maintain a collaborative relationship with internal and external stakeholders to meet company and contract objectives
- Oversee timely investigation and responses to tenant complaints, with appropriate corrective and preventative actions
- Conduct 1-on-1 performance appraisals with direct reports
- Oversee performance appraisals for all staff
- Must have University degree qualification to apply for this role
- Previous experience in a similar role within the construction, building, building materials, manufacturing, public housing, government, electrical, property, retail, logistics or maintenance industry.
- Strong commercial acumen - must be agile and able to think on your feet and excel in a fast paced environment
- Experience working with Government contracts and delivering to KPIs (highly desired)
- Confident verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills at all levels of the business (clients, trades, sub-contractors, management)
This exciting opportunity will give you the chance to work for an established national organisation. You will be rewarded with a large six figure salary package including an excellent base salary + super + car allowance + incentive scheme bonus + mobile phone + laptop + parking.
Candidates that have previously worked as a State / General Manager (or similar role) within the building maintenance industry are encouraged to apply.
Please apply now for this exciting opportunity by sending your updated Resume in Word format along with a supporting Cover Letter. For a confidential discussion please call Ryan Westaway on (08) 6209 8913 or 0424 411 474.