Southern Cross Support Services Rockhampton QLD
CASUAL POSITIONS AVAILABLE, for IMMEDIATE START in ROCKHAMPTON!
- Complex Behaviour Youth Workers wanted in Rockhampton for our Child Safety programs.
SCSS has a number of paid casual positions available for people that are interested in supporting clients with Complex Behaviour needs.
SCSS is a NDIS and Child Safety provider servicing Queensland with our head office based in Bundaberg. Our core business is to provide a range of disability and Child Protection services to meet the needs of those that are most vulnerable in our community.
SCSS provides services to support people within our community that live with various disabilities, complex behaviours and mental health issues.
WHAT IS SCSS LOOKING FOR?
A person that is passionate about making a real difference in people's lives and strives on helping others. Someone that enjoys working with variety of different challenges in their day-to-day.
These positions will mainly involve supporting in complex environment. Due to the nature of this position applicants need to be willing to undertake personal development to meet the requirements of these positions.
- Flexibility across a 7 day/night roster, which includes shift work, periodic weekend, public holidays, night shifts & overnight sleepovers.
- Complex & Challenging Behaviour experience or knowledge, is highly regarded.
- Understanding or experience with Restrictive Practices is highly regarded;
- Flexibility to support across additional disability programs, is also desirable.
- Understanding or ability to gain knowledge about trauma based behaviours.
A requirement prior to commencement, is eligibility to apply for or currently hold the below: (these are to be maintained at your own expense).
- Suitability Blue Card for Working with Children and Young People
- Positive Notice Criminal History Check - Yellow Card
- Child Safety and Personal History Screening Check
- Valid and current First Aid and CPR certification
- Must have completed or be enrolled to commence a minimum Certificate 4 Qualification in a relevant area (Child, Youth and Family Intervention/Disability/Mental Health/Community Services)
- Must have a drivers licence
If this role interests you and you would like to be part of a new, exciting team, then get the ball rolling and apply now!