Restaurant Manager Wanted
La Famiglia Italian Restaurant are seeking a Restaurant Manager to head up our fast-paced café / restaurant. We offer an extensive modern menu as well as a fully licenced bar.
As part of the management team working with the Owner and Head Chef, the Restaurant Manager will be responsible for the day to day management of front of house, including labour and stock control, organisation and presentation of the venue. You will recruit, develop, train and lead the front of house team to create and maintain a positive, supportive, fun and engaging culture for our staff, to provide exceptional experiences for our customers.
The role of Restaurant Manager involves the following key tasks:
- Manage daily operations of lunch and dinner services in the Restaurant, Private Dining Room & other event spaces
- Manage evening events for a large number of guests
- Lead the FOH team, including supervisors, the events team & hospitality casuals on a day-to-day basis
- Engage and inspire the team to consistently deliver exceptional customer experiences
- Identify areas for improvement and then develop & implement ongoing training programs
- Maintain daily FOH procedures, working with management to continually review and update
- Maintain POS, reporting and staff time sheet entering/checking
- Maintain cleanliness and presentation of all hospitality areas
- Be responsible for stock-control / stocktakes of products
- Engage professionally with all members of the wider business including Cellar Door, Winery & Vineyard staff
The role is hands-on, service-based, and the successful applicant must possess the following attributes/skills/experience:
- At least 2 years’ experience in managing a busy restaurant & functions
- Extensive knowledge of cafe and restaurant food and procedures
- A passion for hospitality and a desire to further your career in this industry
- An engaging personality and warmth that staff and customers gravitate towards
- Experience in managing, training and mentoring a team
- Strong customer service experience in a cafe or restaurant.
- Stock ordering & control
- Diploma level qualification in hospitality management or higher or equivalent work experience in lieu of this qualification
The successful applicant must be available to work weekends and public holidays. Being a family-owned and operated business, we place a high emphasis on employee happiness and satisfaction. Work-life balance is highly valued, as is professional development.
If you are interested in this role please forward all applications to [email protected] Only successful candidates will be contacted.
on an external site.
on an external site.