- Wages that reflect the challenges of your shifts
- Ongoing work flexibility
- Never leave a shift feeling like you have no one supporting you
ProCare Australia is the leading specialist recruitment agency for the community service industry in Australia, providing casual, locum and permanent career opportunities.
As the needs and demands of the community services sector grows, ProCare Australia is seeking to recruit qualified, flexible and hardworking Residential Youth Workers who can help provide support to leading services in the Government and Non-Government sector.
Residential Youth Workers are highly valued workers within the community services industry as they play a vital role in providing care to children and young people residing in the out of home care system or at risk of entering. Therefore, ProCare Australia seeks to recruit qualified workers that will be required on a casual ongoing basis in various Out of Home Care services within South East Queensland.
Whether you are an individual who has experience working within youth residential settings or similar, or are looking to expand your current skill set; ProCare Australia is looking to recruit suitable candidates whom we can select for our leading clients and provide them with workers who are consistent and flexible.
ProCare Australia provides worker support and initiates a tactful matching process to ensure your skills and qualifications are considered prior to shift allocation and we seek to ensure workers feel valued for the work that they do.
About the role:
If you possess passion to provide strength-based, client – centred support to children and young people residing in out of home care then we would love to hear from you.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting the needs of young people and responding to challenging and pain-based behaviours they are likely to display
- Providing practical & emotional support to ensure children and young people feel safe and cared for in their care environment
- Role modelling appropriate emotion-based and hands-on behaviour to help build upon the children’s life skills
- Supporting children and young people to build upon their strengths and attain developmental milestones within psychological, physical, social and educational areas of their life
- Transporting young people to education, recreation, and medical appointments
- Maintaining the home environment/general duties
- Networking and building rapport with external professionals to ensure clear communication regularly transpires
- Completing case notes and reports, updating records and compliance reports
To be Successful, you will have:
- Experience working with complex and challenging behaviours
- A minimum Certificate IV level qualification in a child/youth related field
- A current Blue Card
- A current LCS check (or willingness to obtain one)
- A current First Aid & CPR Certificate
- A high level of reporting skills and computer literacy
- An understanding of trauma and attachment theories and the resulting behaviours likely to be demonstrated by our young people
- Regular availability for day and evening shifts, sleep overs and weekend shifts
- A vehicle with full comprehensive car insurance and open drivers licence
- Hope and Healing Certificate
- Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) trained
- Youth Mental Health First Aid
- Experience working with Indigenous and CALD clients
- COVID19 Training
Salary & Benefits
- Base salary is paid between $34.50 - $52.65 per hour plus super
- Night and weekend penalty rates on top of the base rate
- Flexible working hours
Click apply and we'll be in touch shortly.
Find out more about positions available at www.procareaustralia.com.au