Your new company
We are currently partnering with one of our leading organisations in recruiting for residential youth workers at their centre in South Hedland, on a casual temporary basis. You will be working with a great team that supports young people in a residential centre up in the Pilbara.
Your new role
In your new role, you will be responsible for creating a safe space in which young adults are able to achieve personal growth and making healthy life decisions. You will support them in developing long term skill sets and help them develop goals for the future. Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Create an environment where young people are safe and protected to focus on personal growth and make health life choices
- Consistently maintaining a high standard duty of care and boundaries for all clients
- Coordinate with other staff members to maintain a stable space in the centre
- Work and participate alongside clients in a variety of recreational and leisure activities
- Ensure that all clients are treated with respect and trust
- Continue supporting clients with their challenges in a friendly, compassionate and non-judgmental manner
What you'll need to succeed
In order to succeed in this position, you will need to have a minimum Cert III in youth work, mental health or a similar community services qualification. You will ideally have experience in dealing with adolescents and youth. Key requirements include:
- Cert III in youth work, mental health, AOD or a similar community services qualification
- Strong interpersonal skills to connect with a wide variety of young people
- Proven experience in coordinating and delivering programs for young people
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Ability to problem solve and adapt quickly to difficult situations
- Federal police clearance
- Children Check
- Current Driver’s License
- First Aid Certificate
What you'll get in return
In return for your commitment, you will be compensated with an attractive hourly rate. You will be working with a group of like minded professionals that will support you in your time up in the Pilbara.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2518398