Resident Medical Officer | Locum | Orthopaedics
- Learn in a large teaching hospital with access to many specialist fields
- A site committed to educating and supporting new doctors
- Cultural, artistic and seasonal attractions to visit during your stay in Canberra
About the Role
As a Resident Medical Officer, you will assist the Orthopaedic Surgical team manage patient flow and operative care. Assist as needed across the patient journey. Liaise with multiple disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care.
- This RMO role is based in Canberra.
- Locum shifts from now until 14 October are available, with new shift updates each day.
- Weeknight shifts from 9:00PM - 7:00AM (1/2 hour break)
- Weekend shifts from 10:30PM - 7:30AM (1 hour break)
About the Hospital
The hospital is a large public site covering acute inpatient, outpatient, paediatric care and pathology. It is a major teaching hospital for medical and nursing students. A broad range of internal medicine, surgical, paediatric, oncology, emergency and other specialist units provide comprehensive patient care. ED sees approximately 90,000 presentations per year. Orthopaedics manages 1000 elective surgeries plus contributes to trauma cases as needed.
Skills and Experience
- Current unrestricted AHPRA registration
- RMO PGY3+
- Orthopaedic surgical experience will be highly regarded
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with patients, relatives, staff and colleagues
- Australian working rights
How to Apply
Click apply or contact Sandra Louey, Senior Specialist Consultant on 02 88778754 ; [email protected] .
About us - Healthcare Professionals Group: Recruiting all positions, at all levels, into biotechnology, medical devices, pharmaceutical and scientific companies. For healthcare related job opportunities visit www.hpgconnect.com