Our Federal Government client has an exciting new opportunity for multiple experienced Research Officers. Research Officers will be assigned to Business Units and expected to understand the research projects, its information inputs and outputs. The nature of the service delivery will require applicants to work in a virtual environment and across geographic boundaries, making sophisticated use of communication and collaboration technologies.
- Maintenance of relationships with research teams to ensure that information resources and services are applicable to research needs.
- Delivery of services associated with research needs and acting on feedback to input into service improvement
- User support (including training where required) for information systems such as external information resources and information management systems such as ePublish/RPR and DAP.
- Provision of a current awareness newsletter for the assigned portfolio
- Complex citation analysis, publication advice, citation management advice and literature/data and patent searching
- Delivery of training where required.
The successful candidate will have:
- High level knowledge of the systems to deliver information resources
- Ability to form and maintain productive client relationships across geographic boundaries in a virtual service delivery model.
- Experience and ongoing willingness to deliver a variety of services in a complex environment
- Experience in delivering effective training both virtual and in person
- Sound understanding of the research lifecycle and its associated information input and outputs
- Sound knowledge and application of the principles of information description and retrieval
- Knowledge and experience in the use of communication and collaboration tools, specifically video conferencing, Wiki and SharePoint.
- Experience in contributing to team initiatives and working groups and work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment.
Australian Citizenship required.
To be considered for this role, respond to this advertisement or contact Rebekha at Aurec on 02 8607 8208.