- Attractive salary and benefits
- Based in Parkville
- Full-time, Fixed term until Jan 2021
One in five Australians are affected by a brain disorder each year. The Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health has more than 600 staff and students who are passionately committed to researching the way the brain works. We are internationally renowned for our discoveries and research on the central nervous system and associated brain disorders. We are an Institute that makes a difference.
Key areas of interest include addiction, Alzheimer’s disease, cardiovascular disease, depression, epilepsy, Huntington’s disease, motor neuron disease, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, schizophrenia, stroke and traumatic and spinal cord injury.
About the role:
An excellent opportunity is available for a highly motivated individual to join an outstanding team of scientists and staff, and work within the Ion Channel Disease Laboratory (Epilepsy) at our Kenneth Myer Building facility.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Supporting research into understanding of Ion Channel function in the brain
- Laboratory Maintenance
- Data Analysis
- Training of students in research techniques
Detailed information and key responsibilities are available from the Position Description.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor of Science (Honours/Masters) in physiology, neuroscience or related field, or Doctoral degree
- Experience working in biomedical science, including cell/molecular biology using experimental models
- Experience in molecular techniques
- Experience in electrophysiology using expression systems such as Xenopus Oocytes and mammalian cell lines
This position attracts a salary offer in the range of $74,010 (RA 3) - $90,143 (RA 8/ RO3) commensurate with experience, plus generous superannuation of 14% or the option of 17% (subject to an employee co-contribution) in accordance with The Florey Union enterprise agreement. Employees are also eligible for substantial salary packaging (including living expenses, meal entertainment, accommodation, electronic devices, car parking and motor vehicles), together with three paid Institute days, annual leave loading, purchased annual leave, parental leave, and further benefits.
Applicants who meet the criteria listed in the Position Description should submit their resume together with a cover letter addressing the Selection Criteria. As we will implement a quick recruitment process, please ensure that you submit your application as soon as practicable.
If you have any questions, please contact our Human Resources Team on [email protected]