Repair Workshop Coordinator
Job no: 502466
Work type: Full Time
At Visy, our people make us stand out from the crowd. We’re always seeking solutions, opportunities and possibilities. We look for people who see what’s ahead and run towards it. These people are helping us to achieve our vision to become the global leader in sustainable packaging solutions. Together, we can create a better world.
A Bit About Us
Pulp and paper is a big part of what we do at Visy. We're proud of all the paper we produce which includes both recycled and Kraft paper - it is where the magic begins!
Reporting to the Reliability and Maintenance Manager we are on the lookout for a forward thinking, proactive and collaborative Repair Workshop Coordinator to join our Paper and Pulp team.
This is a challenging and critical role where you will lead and mentor your team focusing the management of the repair workshop, and precision repair of equipment. You will promote safety, develop and improve work instructions, analyse root cause of repairs, negotiate costs and quickly turn around repairs to ensure equipment is available for reliable production.
People describe you as a confident communicator possessing strong negotiation and influencing skills with an upbeat can- do attitude, are able to develop positive working relationships as well as the ability to multi-task, organise, plan and manage your time efficiently in a fast paced and changing environment, whilst staying cool, calm and collected.
Your Typical Day
- Maintain a safe system of work in the workplace by complying fully with the VISY HSE standard & policies including legislation requirements
- Lead, coordinate and manage the day to day activities of the team, providing technical leadership as required
- Precision repair to return equipment to original manufacturing condition and ready for storage
- Minimise repair time for equipment to ensure parts availability, minimise stock levels and reduce number and value of parts waiting for repair
- Proactively design and manufacture special parts and tools to facilitate the repairs and maintenance of equipment on site
- Take part in equipment failure analysis and develop asset care strategies
- Repair of all equipment that can be done at a lower cost than external repairs
What you Need to Succeed
- Mechanical Trade or Engineering background (Mechanical or Electrical) within a Paper or FMCG manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated experience developing and leading a team
- Experience in repair and maintenance of mechanical process equipment
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and experience using a CMMS system
- Commitment to safety and team focused with a mechanical and continuous improvement mindset
- High attention to detail with the ability to analyse, trouble shoot and find solutions
- Are physically fit and able to work in hot/humid conditions
- Flexible to work additional hours based on operational requirement to support 24/7 operation
- Australian Citizenship preferred
When you join Visy, you’re joining a global leader dedicated to making serious progress in the sustainable packaging and recycling industries. We want to find solutions, make an impact and grow our business. If you can help us, you’ll fit right in. There’s never been a better time to join Visy!
You will be required to meet Visy’s employment criteria which will include a criminal history check and pre-employment medical (including drug & alcohol testing).
Visy is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please note that only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.