Recognised as one of Australia’s leading private hospitals, St Vincent’s Private Hospital is a world-class medical and surgical facility and provides overnight and day only care across a broad spectrum of specialties. The 270-bed hospital cares for local, national and international patients. Our values derive from the mission and traditions of the Sisters of Charity. Firmly grounded in the Christian tradition, these are translated in to our values and are at the core of our workplace Culture.
Our Hospital is a designated Magnet facility demonstrating a high level of leadership, employee empowerment and professional practice creating an exciting and innovative place to work.
We are part of St Vincent’s Health Australia, the nation’s largest Catholic not-for-profit health and aged care provider and for over 105 years we have worked in partnership with our patients and their families. Our vision is to serve the community through excellence in care, teaching and research and to reach out to the poor and the marginalised.
We are seeking Registered Nurses for our Casual Pool
Our Casual Rn's work across all areas of teh hopsital to fill vacancies in our units. Great oppertunity to work in a variety of specialty areas. With the potential to transfer to a permanent position as they come available.
The candidate must have:
- Authority to practice nursing with AHPRA as Registered Nurse
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Minimum three years post graduate experience
- Significant experience in the acute surgical setting
- Strong commitment to a continuous improvement philosophy
- Demonstrated skills in conflict resolution and negotiation
- Australian Work Right
- Competence in clinical IT systems for patient and health information and risk management
- Commitment to continued professional development
- Tertiary qualifications in nursing (Minimum of a Bachelor)
- Personal integrity and demonstrated commitment to the mission and values of the Mary Aikenhead Ministries.
We offer all employees the ability to maximise their income by reducing tax payable through salary packaging. We also offer our employees ongoing development and learning such as Leadership and Management training.
Applicants are requested to apply online and to address the selection criteria.
Criminal record and/or child protection checks will be conducted and will form part of the selection criteria for this role. Employment with the St Vincent’s Private Hospital Sydney is subject to you having current immunity status that complies with the Assessment, Screening & Vaccination against Specified Infectious Diseases - Policy Directive. Appointment and ongoing employment will be subject to continued compliance with the policy directive.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity, ethical practices and the principles of cultural diversity. As part of SVHA’s commitment to the federal government’s employment parity initiative, we strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.