Position Title: ICU Registered Nurse
Employment Type: Permanent/Maximum Term Full Time/Part Time
Hours Per Week: 38 hours
Position Grade: Registered Nurse Year 1 - 8
Salary: $64,184.86 to $90,122.83 per annum plus super
Enterprise Agreement Named NSW (non-declared) Affiliated Health Organisations’ Nurses Agreement, 2017
Department Name: Intensive Care Unit
Vacancies exists in the above unit for highly motivated, enthusiastic Registered Nurses with sound experience in Intensive Care and appropriate knowledge and skills to join our friendly, dynamic team in the SVH ICU Service. Specialising in General/Neuro/Trauma/ and Cardiothoracic/Heart/LungTransplantation, this busy unit provides a friendly and supportive environment with a comprehensive orientation and preceptorship program. As an ECMO referral centre, the unit offers opportunities to develop advanced ICU skills and experience in innovative and evolving technology.
Our progressive and innovative team offers development opportunities for our staff and a caring environment for the delivery of high quality patient centred care. There are a variety of continuing education opportunities, from a Fundamentals of Intensive Care course, to a 12 month Clinical Program towards a Post Graduate ICU qualification.
This position requires a Working with Children Check (WWCC) issued by the Office of the Children's Guardian. For more information and how to apply, please visit the Office of the Children's Guardian website www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/working-with-children/working-with-children-check
The vacancy is open to Australian citizens, New Zealand citizens who hold a valid New Zealand passport, Australian permanent residents and those non-residents deemed by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship to be eligible to work in Australia only.
About St Vincent's Health Network Sydney:
St Vincent's Health Network Sydney is made up of three public hospitals, St Vincent's Hospital Sydney, Sacred Heart Health Service and St Joseph's Hospital at Auburn. We are part of St Vincent's Health Australia, the largest diversified health care organisation within Australia's not for profit Catholic health care sector. As a Catholic health and aged care service provider, our mission is to bring God's love to those in need through the healing ministry of Jesus, with a commitment to those who are poor and vulnerable.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity, ethical practices, and the principles of cultural diversity and promote a smoke free work environment. Appropriate criminal record and child protection checks are conducted for all successful candidates. Employment with St Vincent's is subject to you having current immunity status that complies with the Assessment, Screening & Vaccination against Specified Infectious Diseases - Policy Directive Immunisation history complies with NSW Health Policy Directive PD2018_009. Appointment and ongoing employment will be subject to continued compliance with the policy directive.
What we offer:
· Generous salary packaging and Fitness Passport for eligible staff
· Opportunity to access a large range of clinical and non-clinical education programs
· Supported post graduate opportunities within applicable fields
· Careers development opportunities across the St Vincent’s Health Australia Network.
· Accrued day off once a month where applicable
· Employee Assistance Program
St Vincent's Health Network Sydney is committed to reconciliation and encourages Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people to apply for all advertised positions.
When applying for the position, Applicants will be required to upload a recent Resume as well as a separate Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria for the position as outlined below. External applicants are to upload their Cover Letter alongside their Resume when reaching the ‘My Experience tab >Resume/CV> Upload. For Internal applicants, this document is to be uploaded further down the page alongside your Resume under Resume/CV> Upload.
1. Personal integrity and demonstrated commitment to the Philosophy, Mission and Values of Mary Aikenhead Ministries
2. Currently registered as a Registered Nurse (Division 1) with the Australian Health Professionals Regulation Agency
3. Demonstrated nursing experience in Intensive Care and the holistic care of a ventilated patient with evidence of integration of theoretical knowledge and clinical skills, critical thinking and analysis in their daily practice as a registered nurse.
4. Demonstrated ability to work within the interdisciplinary team
5. Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development
6. Demonstrated computer literacy with email and an electronic patient record system
7. Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills
8. Demonstrated effective time management skills and ability to prioritise competing workloads with in a complex environment
An example on how to address the selection criteria is provided in the link below in order to assist you with completing your application.
Applicants that do not address the selection criteria will have their application automatically culled.
Position Description and Critical Job Demands Checklist:
Review the following documents:
JR109510_RN ICU Jobs Demands Checklist.pdf
JR109510_Position Description ICU RN.pdf
JR109510_SVHS - How to address the Selection Critieria.pdf
Nicky Glenister, [email protected], 8382 2046
12 October 2021 11:59pm
Reconciliation Action Plan:
At St Vincent's we acknowledge the importance of creating a work environment that is welcoming, safe, equitable and inclusive for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Employees. As part of our Commitment to Reconciliation and Closing the Gap in employment related outcomes, we encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
For further information, visit https://www.svha.org.au/about-us/reconciliation or get in contact at [email protected]
View Reconciliation Action Plan
Code of Conduct:
View Code of Conduct