Whitfield location | Leading Aged Care provider | Outstanding employee benefits
About the company
With over 60 facilities Australia wide and in excess of 8000 staff, Regis is an innovative Aged Care provider with over 20 years of experience in the industry that focuses on achieving the best possible outcomes for residents and staff. We are looking for people who genuinely care and in return, we will provide you with an environment where you will feel supported and appreciated. At Regis, we can offer you a diverse role within a grown industry that is highly regulated, complex and meaningful, and where you will enjoy the benefits of exceptional training and development opportunities.
Regis Whitfield is an award winning architecturally designed home with balconies capitalising on the best views in the area as it is surrounded by lush green mountains ranges such as Mount Whitfield that cradle the Botanical Gardens. The home is a short 5-minute drive from the tropical Botanical Gardens and is close to shops, cafÃ© precinct area in Edge Hill, 10mins to the International Airport and Cairns City Centre; featuring the Pier Marina, Performing Arts Centre.
Upon entering the home you connect with an Aged Care Community like no other. A fully equipped hairdressing salon allows you to have all your beautification services at your finger tips. Take advantage of the number of out door areas; follow the winding pathways through our National Award winning sensory and Market Gardens, resting along the way with strategically placed meeting tables and chairs, or utilise the comfortable BBQ areas for groups of residents and friends to enjoy.
Regis Whitfield was Facility of the Year Award winner 2018.
About the role
This is a permanent position at our Regis Whitfield home, working a variety of AM, PM and night shifts across the 7 day week. The ideal candidate will have experience as a Registered Nurse in Health Care or Aged Care, be someone that is passionate about assisting our residents with their daily needs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Complete reporting and documentation based on Regis policies and procedures
- Motivate, lead and supervise all the staff
- Provide high quality oversight and leadership of the home
- Monitor clinical care plans and participate in clinical auditing
- Administer schedule 8 medications and provide specialised nursing care as required
- Ensure all clinical document is congruent with current care requirements of residents
Skills & Experience
- Proven capability and experience in leading a team
- A hands on approach to your role with a focus on customer service and leadership
- Qualified Registered Nurse with current AHPRA Registration
$55 - 85k + super depending on experienceã€€
- Evidence that you have had the 2020 Flu Vaccination or willingness to complete this before employment can be offered*
- Proof of the right to work lawfully in Australia
- Valid National Police Check
* The Australian Government has advised that all residential aged care staff and visiting workers should be vaccinated by 1 May 2020. This includes both current and future Regis employees.
Regis is more than a great company to work for, it€™s a way of life that offers genuine opportunities for people to expand their horizons and realise their potential. Our size, reputation and growth ensures every employee has ready access to financial, professional development, recognition and wellbeing benefits that are second to none.
- Appreciation and a warm smile every day at work
- Pay rates are negotiable based on your experience and skills
- Self management of your availability €“ pick up extra shifts
- Financial studies assistance support to enable you to further develop
- The opportunity to participate in a development program specifically designed to upskill Registered Nurses€™ into future Clinical Managers
For a career that€™s more than just a job, apply now!