Registered Nurse - Aged Care - Pendle Hill
An exciting opportunity has opened for a Registered Nurse position to provide the efficient and effective delivery of nursing in Pendle Hill, NSW.
The facility prides itself on our family approach providing not only expert care but share the laughter and friendship with the residents. They ensure that their care encompasses the physical, emotional, spiritual and social needs of each resident, ensuring that everyone is encouraged to reach their full potential.
As an experienced RN you will enjoy working with staff within this organisation as you will feel encouraged to strive for excellence in giving care, as well as feel supported with continuous training and improvement. The facility is of small size, providing predominantly 'high care' for its residents. If you would like to be part of a team where you feel truly valued, then this is the role for you!
- Providing advanced clinical skills and assessment/intervention and consultation.
- Participate and demonstrate leadership in the effective day to day support of Homemakers they apply to all residents.
- Embrace family and friends of residents welcoming them to the home and provide updates on their loved ones.
- Wound assessment and management.
- Support the team with follow up when there are concerns about a resident by liaising doctors and other allied health specialists as required.
- Organise appointments and liaise with clinical team to meet a resident’s clinical needs.
- To continually strive to improve your own personal development in a manner that will enable you to continue to be a key staff member of our Clinical Team.
- Current AHPRA registration
- A commitment to the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia, Competencies and Codes of Ethics/Professional conduct.
- 2+years general nursing experience, post-registration
- A Current police check - less than 6 months old.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Confidence with smart phones and digital devices or willingness to learn
- Qualifications or relevant experience in aged care desirable
- Knowledge of, and experience in risk management, quality improvement and the new aged care standards
- Knowledge of accreditation and ACFI is desirable
- A commitment to excellence in caring for residents with a diagnosis of Dementia
- Experience in caring for residents with a diagnosis of Dementia
- Experience in Aged Care is desirable
- You must be a team player and have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a commitment to continuous improvement
- Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents Only
If you feel this might be the right role for you, get in contact with your current resume to [email protected] and we can arrange a confidential chat about the role.
If this isn't your ideal Aged Care opportunity, you can register on our database to be kept in the loop with all the latest happenings in the Aged Care sector. Send in your resume and I will be in touch!