Select Services has been operating in the Darwin, Palmerston & Rural areas for over 10 years, specialising in the installation, maintenance and repairs of commercial air-conditioning and mechanical plant.
Select Services are part of the wider VAE Group a HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) solutions company that started in 1997. Today, we have grown to over 300 employees and have six office locations in Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea. As a Tier 1 building solutions company and one of Australia’s largest commercial HVAC companies, we pride ourselves on trust and integrity. We work and engage with our clients so that together we develop solutions that always work and are delivered on time and on budget. At VAE, our expert staff have an authentic passion for delivering outstanding results. This energy drives innovative thinking, promotes efficient performance and results in positive relationships. Our growth and success is built on providing Smarter HVAC Solutions with a promise of ‘Built in Certainty’ every time.
Based in Winnellie, Technicians will be responsible for working on various service & project sites in the region. The successful candidate will demonstrate their experience in commercial air-conditioning installation, maintenance, diagnostics and repairs and have exceptional interpersonal skills.
Further incentives may also be available for additional work outside of Darwin, servicing contracts in regional NT.
Some of the key responsibilities will include:
- General preventative maintenance and repair as required
- Hands on complex maintenance & repairs to all HVAC systems
- Carry out routine building plant and walk through inspections
- Diagnose and rectify faults in HVAC, electrical or control systems
- Installation of plant & equipment in large-scale upgrades
- Development and maintenance of onsite safety documentation
- Provide quotations for service jobs or installation works
- Plan install, maintenance and repair work as required
Desired Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant trade qualification
- Current Driver's Licence
- The ability to collaborate with a multi‐disciplinary team
- A high level technical service skills
- Good written & verbal communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Exceptional time management
- Ability to work under pressure
- Financial competency
Most importantly the candidate will be able to demonstrate how they work within the VAE company values of Energy, Synergy and Success. We are proud of the VAE Group culture and it is key to the company's significant growth & low employee turnover.
What we offer
- Company Car
- Strong Safety Focus
- Financial Wellness Program
- Discounted Private Health Insurance
- Personal and Professional Development