Achieve Australia is the premier provider of disability services and support coordination in the Sydney and Northern Rivers regions of NSW.
Our Passion is social inclusion for people with disability.
Our Purpose is to build extraordinary lives, supporting people with disability to be well, have a home, choose a career, learn new skills, participate in their community and enjoy a full life.
We live by our Principles of inclusiveness, stewardship, extraordinary outcomes and ethical practices.
At Summer Hill House we provide short term accommodation for both children and adults living with disabilities, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. As part of Achieve Australia, which is a not for profit organization, our mission is to achieve social inclusion for people living with disability. Every day we work hard to deliver on the right of Australians with disability to achieve meaningful and valued lives.
We have been doing this for 65 years and are still innovating in disability accommodation and support today. As part of this innovation we are seeking a Recreation Officer to enrich and support the experience of our participants in Summer Hill.
- Create and support the implementation of the activities program that is fun, full of variety and focuses on the strengths and interests of participants.
- Match activity delivery to the outcomes and goals of the participants and engage their family/carers by reporting on their achievements.
- Promote greater community access and connections through program activities.
- Coordinate participant bookings and assist with intake and exit processes.
What We Offer
- Salary packaging benefits exclusive for Not for Profit
- Rewarding place to work
- Be part of a dedicated team providing a great service to the community
To be successful in this role you will be required to address the following selection criteria:
- Experience in planning and implementing community-based activities
- Service industry experience
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Current NSW Drivers’ License
- Working with Children Check – WWCC
- First aid certificate
If you want to make a difference in people’s lives and this sounds like you, APPLY NOW!
Achieve Australia is committed to implementing safer recruitment practices. This means we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support and we expect staff to share this commitment. As a result your application may be subject to a number of pre-employment checks; including a criminal history. Please note criminal history does not immediately effect employment opportunities. Applications will be assessed on merit.