Australia - Queensland, Fortitude Valley
Our Rail Team in Brisbane has a fantastic opportunity for a Rail Civil Design Leader to join our high performing team in QLD. With guidance and mentoring from our team of specialists, you will be given exposure to a range of projects across the region, enabling you to further develop your technical and business development skills. We currently have Brisbane-based project opportunities on some of the largest infrastructure projects in Australia.
Your scope of work will range from projects involving feasibility studies, tender designs, detailed design and construction support. As part of a multi-disciplinary organisation, this role will see you collaborating with other disciplines associated with the delivery of railway projects, giving you wider exposure and understanding across small, medium and large-scale projects.
- 10+ years’ relevant, railway infrastructure experience;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Knowledge of railway planning and design;
- Experience and understanding in applying railway technical standards (e.g. QR, ARTC, Aurizon);
- Exposure to large scale multi-discipline transport infrastructure projects having completed civil engineering tasks such as alignment option studies and documenting technical assessments;
- Led civil rail project teams to integrate with rail systems and other rail engineering disciplines;
- Skills to co-ordinate design meetings for the rail team, integrating with other engineering disciplines such as bridges, utilities, drainage, roads, retaining walls and traffic management;
- Experience with managing the planning and programming of rail engineering design activities to ensure the most efficient use of resources;
- Experience with construction phase services working for an engineering consultancy;
- Communication skills to facilitate/ document Safety in Design or Multi-Criteria Analysis workshops
- Experience in mentoring junior engineers to ensure development of their capabilities;
- Knowledge and understanding of major project community and stakeholder engagement consultation meetings, to assist and support the client;
- Identify and assist with contract administration and variation claims.
This role is suited to a highly motivated professional who is looking for exposure to local and international mentors to help support and drive their career.
- Recognised qualification (e.g. Associate Degree, Bachelor of Engineering Technology, or equivalent);
- Higher qualifications such as Master of Engineering;
- High level of competence in rail alignment design and 3D earthworks modelling;
- Knowledge of rail operational requirements;
- Project Management experience will be highly regarded; and
- Rail Industry Worker (RIW) card.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.