Location: Mulwala, Australia
Thales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Airspace Mobility Solutions, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
We€™re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds. Talk to us about any support or accessibility requirements you may need and how we support flexibility in the workplace.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage a flexible work culture.
About Your Role
- Reporting to the Head of Quality the Quality Officer is responsible for the implementation and effectiveness of the function within the business, including bids, projects and production. Conducting product acceptance in accordance with internal and customer requirements
- Assist in developing the Internal Audit schedule and conduct Internal audits, while also assisting in ISO 9001 Certification audits
- Proactively work with Production and Support functions to maintain compliance to ISO 9001 requirements, identify deficiencies, minimise potential quality risks, improve product quality through problem solving and drive continuous improvement initiatives
- Maintain Customer Satisfaction by facilitating resolution of customer concerns and complaints
- Attend regular departmental meetings
How About You?
- Qualifications in Engineering or Scientific field highly regarded (not essential)
- Experience in a quality role with exposure to internal audits (Chemical, Food or Pharmaceutical industries highly regarded)
- Ability to liaise with a wide variety of stakeholders and be able to influence the best possible outcome
- Strong communication skills and capable of preparing and presenting reports
- Sound time management skills and ability to manage own workload efficiently and effectively
Good to Know
You€™ll get an email acknowledgement after you€™ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
Some regular travel to Benalla is required for this role, therefore a driver€™s licence is essential.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Prior to offer you€™ll complete a pre-employment police and medical.
For more information on Thales visit us @ThalesCareers on Instagram.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!