Abdul’s Halal Butcher Shop is an established family owned butchery located in Cringila NSW. We have been serving the local community for approximately 2 years and collectively have 20 years of experience. We pride ourselves on our fresh and high quality meat and chicken range. We are a busy local shop with regular weekly customers.
Ahmad Abdallah trading as Abduls Halal Butcher Shop is seeking a qualified/experienced butcher to work in a unique retail environment on a full-time basis.
The main tasks and duties of this role include:
- Processing whole bodies- Cut meat from bones and trim fat whilst reducing waste and cost
- Mincing meat and forming it into different product
- Preparing different cuts of meat for display or on request.
- Crumbing, seasoning and marinating meat and chicken.
- Safely operating a sausage machine, hamburger press and meat slicer
- Recommending cuts of meat/chicken and giving advice on preparation.
- Complying with food safety standards including taking the temperature of meat on arrival and recording this in the NSW Food Authority Retail Diary
- Complying and implementing COVID-19 standards and rules
Necessary skills for this role include:
- Thorough understanding of animal (beef, lamb and chicken) anatomy
- Good preparation and presentation skills
- Excellent customer service and communications skills
- Great attention to detail
- Enthusiastic, energetic, punctual and reliable
- Thorough understanding of food safety standards compliance
- Minimum of 2 years of experience is required