About the company
We are looking for a Purchasing / Shipping Officer to join this reputable manufacturing company that are in Seaford and are Worldwide. You will be a valued member who is supported by this tight-knit team who are only growing.
About the role
This role is to coordinate the purchasing of all materials and parts required to manufacture capital & spare part components. To coordinate all capital equipment, import and export shipments, and advise company divisions with respect to clerical documentation obligations. Also ensuring compliance with legal requirements and Company Policies.
Some of your daily duties will include but not limited to;
- Negotiate with suppliers to gain maximum discounts and benefits for the company when placing purchase orders whilst maintaining optimal inventory quantities
- Ensure all materials and parts are purchased correctly and arrive in the required timeframe
- Ensure stock levels are maintained at appropriate quantities for the business and minimise obsolete and slow-moving stock provisions
- Monitor the receipting of goods/items in to store/stock
- Check terms and conditions of Letter of Credits (L.C.s) and contracts, then negotiate changes/amendments & clauses
- Ensure shipping documentation is correct and available prior to shipment
- Coordinate shipping arrangements and prompt delivery of imported, exported goods and capital equipment (domestic & overseas)
- Negotiate freight rates (Sea & Air) as required.
- Receipt imported goods, calculate landed costs, prepare/follow up on duty drawback and process receipt of goods into the computer system.
- Verify with Accounts Department that shipments are financially cleared before finalising shipment details.
- Follow up outstanding deliveries & purchase orders.
Skills and experience
- Solid understanding of procurement, import procedures, documentation, legislative requirements and procedures and shipping practices
- Demonstrated business and analytical skills
- Proven experience in managing relationships and developing and maintaining personal credibility with stakeholders
- Immediate start
- Temporary to permanent opportunity
- Profit share
- 12 RDO's annually
If this role sounds of interest, then please apply now
To apply online please click on the appropriate link below and send your resume in WORD format. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion please contact Jade Lawton on 03 9535 2111.
Please visit www.veritasrecruitment.com.au to view more jobs.