Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy / Negotiable between Townsville/Ayr/Mareeba and South Johnstone
- Temporary full time and part time will be considered for 12 months with a possibilty of an extension
- Salary in the range of $60,527 to $76,832 per annum excluding superannuation.
- A degree qualification in Natural Resource Sciences or equivalent
A number of temporary opportunities (up to 12 months) for a Project Officer / Natural Resource Officer are currently available within Water Services in North Region. You will support the provision of Water Services within the region with an emphasis on the assessment of resource availability and investigation of proposals and applications for entitlements to access state resources such as water, sand and gravel, and associated works.
Key Duties and Accountabilities:
- Undertake resource management assessments, and make recommendations in accordance with the Water Act 2000 and the Planning Act 2016.
- Work as part of a team that may consist of a number of professional, technical and administrative staff.
- Provide timely and accurate data to other staff and management on factors relating to water resource management.
- Learn to assess natural resources for the sustainable management of, and equitable distribution of entitlements.
- Liaise with staff and clients with regards to water resource management issues.
- Other duties as directed and required
For further information about this position and details on how to apply, please visit the Queensland Government Smart Jobs and Careers website www.smartjobs.qld.gov.au.
Job Ad Reference: QLD/311459/19.
Closing Date: Friday, 31 May 2019
on an external site.