Location: Sydney, Australia
Thales people provide armed forces customers with operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defence mission systems solutions at land, sea, and air. Our platforms extend across the battlespace including Above and Sonar, Electronic Combat, and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance systems.
We€™re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds. Talk to us about any support or accessibility requirements you may need and how we support flexibility in the workplace.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage a flexible work culture.
About Your Role
We have three opportunities for Project/Ship Managers to join our Ship Repair team and oversee the management of nominated projects, ensuring adherence to safety, management of customer expectations and project execution, as well as achieve cost, time and quality objectives. Specifically you will:
- Provide management services to ensure that all Maintenance requirements are achieved
- Implement the Project Management Plan, Quality Plan and the Safety, Security, Emergency and Environmental Plan.
- Ensure risks are correctly identified, assessed and managed.
- Ensure sufficient resources are allocated to meet schedule requirements.
- Liaison with the Customer to ensure all aspects of the Contract is being effectively managed.
- Internal and external reporting as required
- Management of Industrial Relations, OH&S, Security and Environmental issues on site & off site.
How About You?
- Previous experience in project management will be highly regarded, as well as knowledge of naval technologies
- Excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Organised, and safety and delivery focused
Good to Know
You€™ll receive an email acknowledgement after you€™ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
IF REQUIRED - As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances please visit €“ http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/
IF REQUIRED €“ International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Prior to offer you€™ll complete a pre-employment police and medical.
For more information on Thales visit us @ThalesCareers on Instagram
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!