VAE Group is a HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) solutions company that started in 1997. Today, we have grown to over 300 employees and have nine office locations in Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea. As a Tier 1 building solutions company and one of Australia’s largest commercial HVAC companies, we pride ourselves on trust and integrity. We work and engage with our clients so that together we develop solutions that always work and are delivered on time and on budget. At VAE, our expert staff have an authentic passion for delivering outstanding results. This energy drives innovative thinking, promotes efficient performance and results in positive relationships. Our growth and success is built on providing Smarter HVAC Solutions with a promise of ‘Built in Certainty’ every time.
Reporting into the NZ General Manager and based in Hamilton, the Project Manager will be responsible for a range of projects within the Waikato & Auckland areas. The successful candidate will have intermediate experience as a Project Manager. They will also have exceptional interpersonal skills as well as an understanding of the challenges of working in a dynamic and fast growing business.
Some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Plan long term and daily work schedules to ensure the project has the capability to achieve targets
- Complete daily administration of on-site activities
- Complete monthly reporting
- Technical reviews of contracts and manage supplier and sub-contractor relationships
- Provide support to the Site Manager
- Work closely with estimating and delivery teams
- Liaise with key stakeholders
Desired Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant trade or engineering qualification
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills
- Exceptional time management skills
- Collaborative and Innovative approach
Most importantly the candidate will be able to demonstrate how they work within the VAE company values of Energy, Synergy and Success. We are proud of the VAE Group culture and it is key to the company's significant growth & low employee turnover.
What we offer
- Competitive Remuneration
- Flexible Working Environment
- Great team culture – team sports, regular social activities, family friendly
- Strong Safety Focus
- Financial Wellness Program
- Personal and Professional Development