Project Manager – Defence, Infrastructure, Aviation & Mining
Australia - South Australia, Adelaide
AECOM (NYSE: ACM) is a global provider of professional technical and management support services to a broad range of markets, including transportation, facilities, construction, environmental and energy. With over 87,000 employees around the world, AECOM is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves.
The AECOM Construction Services brand has a long-term pipeline of projects across the Australia & New Zealand markets and is at a stage where you can build a fantastic long-term career in client-side Construction and Project Management Services and be part of our global and diversified brand!
Our projects in Adelaide will involve you in many industry sectors such as major Infrastructure, Defence, Aviation, Energy & Resources, Mining, Education and Healthcare.
Due to long-term project pipeline and growth we are currently looking for multiple Project Manager’s to work with our key clients and represent our successful Construction Services brand in a variety of roles and industry sectors.
Our multiple opportunities in Adelaide offer a Project Manager the ability to work closely with various clients in the successful delivery of projects throughout our diverse portfolio. These roles will allow a suitable Project Manager to work as a key client-facing advisor and be capable of integrating client requirements into project deliverables through strong contract administration and stakeholder engagement.
Suitable Project Managers in AECOM Construction Services will be involved in all stages of the project lifecycle, therefore enabling you to perform in leading tender submissions/proposals, project delivery and establish delivery strategies with a variety of stakeholders while ensuring AECOMs goals and financial indicators are achieved successfully.
The position of Project Manager will suit a proven client-side Project Manager with a broad project background and who has an interest in leading others in successful project delivery and being involved closely with clients across the entirety of a construction projects.
Some of our basic requirements are listed as follows;
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or similar
- 5-12 years’ Project Management experience (or similar) in a civil construction environment
- Proven ability to deliver projects on time, to schedule and to client parameters including a good understanding of project management frameworks
- Demonstrated ability to lead the development of tender submissions or proposals using strong time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to confidently Manage projects worth up to $20m in capital value
- A proven background in commercial acumen and the ability to develop relationships.
- Demonstrated commitment to collaborative, ethical behaviour in a client-facing environment
- Strong commitment to safety and understanding of OH&S best practice and obligations.
- Familiarity with financial and contractual obligations and a confidence in holding such discussions with clients
- Strong ability to influence and confidence in negotiation.
- Project Management or postgraduate qualification.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.